Monocl is a rapidly growing SaaS business focused on life sciences and healthcare. This is your chance to be a part of a journey where you can develop a product that will truly affect and transform the life science industry. We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our amazing Engineering team in Göteborg where you will spend your days working with our data pipeline and ensuring a high quality. Are you motivated and passionate about building scalable data platforms? Do you want to join a team where you will be surrounded by equally driven and creative colleagues? Then we would love to get to know you better!
Monocl’s mission is to connect all stakeholders in life sciences and healthcare through software - thereby enabling our customers to target and engage the right opinion leaders, medical experts, and customers anywhere in the world. We are guided by a strong vertical focus on life sciences and healthcare, combined with a relentless drive to address great customer challenges. We truly believe that software eats the world.What you'll be doing:
In the role as Data Engineer you will join our amazing Engineering team where you will collaborate closely with experienced analysts and data scientist as well as teams across Monocl to integrate and develop our core datasets. Monocl offers a unique and diverse work environment with truly ambitious colleagues that will help you reach new limits.
You will have the support of your highly talented colleagues with the responsibility to:
- Work in a collaborative team of analysts and data scientists to develop smart analytical capabilities and data products
- Take ownership of our core data lake and data pipelines, powering metrics, analyses and machine learning models
- Develop data pipelines and integrate data from everything we do into one coherent source of truth
- Take responsibility for quality of solutions, testing and that best practices are being used
- Take responsibility for running our Spark cluster efficiently and in a cost efficient way
We have a solid and mature Big Data architecture hosted in AWS Cloud and we work in an open source environment, primarily with Java, Spark and Scala.Who you are:
To be successful in the role you need to understand a wide variety of data and domains, and use your expertise and creativity to bring simplicity to complex problems. You have a sharp technical mind and feel passionate about working in a product-based business and with building data platforms. You are comfortable working independently and with smaller teams.
Bonus qualifications that makes you stand out from the rest:
- You have experience of building data pipelines using Apache Spark
- You have experience of automating and monitoring workflows
- You have good knowledge of Java
- You are used to working in Unix
- Experience working with cloud tech, specifically experience in Amazon AWS and its plethora of services
- Experience of working in Big Data development projects and workflow management such as Apache Airflow
- Strong experience in handling and fetching everything from traditional, relational data to semi- or unstructured data
- Knowledge in Elasticsearch and Postgres
- Knowledge in Python and/or Scala
- A dedication to testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices and supporting workflows are also highly valued
- We care about our employee's health and offer 4000 SEK/year in personal wellness grant
- Career and learning development through the platform and our 'Learn Anything' fund
- We're a sociable team with yearly kickoffs to get together and have fun!
Who are we
At Monocl we strongly believe in the strength of diversity and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Here you will join an ambitious and international working environment with colleagues that push each other to the next level. You will enjoy a range of benefits and be equipped with great hardware for the job.
How do I apply?
This position will remain open as long as this ad remains on our website. When submitting your application, make sure to highlight and demonstrate past relevant achievements that you are proud of and make sure to include relevant references. We continuously look through applications. The applicants that best match our requirements will be contacted for a phone interview before a follow-up interview at our office. For questions (not applications) regarding the role, feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Arsaman Bahrami, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 73-9800118.