Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
JR31165 DATA SCIENTIST, SMAI
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Strong desire to grow a career as a Data Scientist in highly automated industrial manufacturing doing analysis and machine learning on terabytes and petabytes of diverse datasets.
- Experience in the areas: statistical modeling, feature extraction and analysis, supervised/unsupervised/semi-supervised learning. Exposure to the semiconductor industry is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to extract data from different databases via SQL and other query languages and applying data cleansing, outlier identification, and missing data techniques.
- Strong software development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with or desire to learn:
- Machine learning and other advanced analytical methods
- Fluency in Python and/or R
- pySpark and/or SparkR and/or SparklyR
- Hadoop (Hive, Spark, HBase)
- Teradata and/or another SQL databases
- Tensorflow, and/or other statistical software including scripting capability for automating analyses
- SSIS, ETL
- Experience working with cloud services e.g GCP, AWS is a plus
- Experience working with time-series data, images, semi-supervised learning, and data with frequently changing distributions is a plus
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) is a plus
- Experience working with software engineering best practices (version control, agile, devops) is a plus
- Existing papers from CVPR, NIPS, ICML, KDD, and other key conferences are plus, but this is not a research position
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all . With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in India, Malaysia, Singapore, and the U.S., are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact email@example.com
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.