Sr. Data Engineer (M)Description:
Position responsible for authoring and maintaining technical documentation and reports for the analytics team.Level:
Senior Associate (SA)(M)Team:
Reporting & AnalyticsLocation:
US – Work at Home (WAH)(100%)Type:
Full Time EmployeeShift:
Normal business hoursTravel:
< 10 %
About Corporate Security
Cognizant Corporate Security, a key organization within Cognizant Technology Solutions, is chartered with managing and directing the global enterprise physical and logical security programs. The Corporate Security organization is responsible for the oversight and coordination of security efforts across the company, including information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management, and various other groups, and is responsible for identifying security initiatives and standards. Corporate Security drives security compliance and serves as the key organization responsible for helping the business appropriately manage security risks.
The Corporate Security Sr. Data Engineer is responsible for establishing, transforming, and maintaining data delivery pipelines for the analytics team. The analytics team is responsible for metrics, reporting, and analytics within Corporate Security. Team members work with cross functional teams, reference internal resources and generate solutions for our clients. All team members must be dedicated to our values including transparency, passion, empowerment, collaboration, customer focus, and integrity. The data engineer develops and delivers data pipelines leveraging agile methodologies in a DataOps model.
- Researching sources of data required to answer security and business questions
- Developing data pipelines from multiple sources to data warehouse
- Establishing reliable data delivery architectures (connections, transformations, storage)
- Establishing scheduled processes to meet data ingestion requirements for reporting
- Transforming raw data to usable formats
- Maintaining established data sources, schedules, transfers, and storage
- Ensure compliance with any Corporate directives involving data retention or privacy
- Understand team priorities to effectively provide data for analysis data
- Proactive approach to achieve objectives
- Leverage internal resources to meet objectives and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, analytics or equivalent experience; Master’s preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience or equivalent in a data engineering / data wrangling role.
- 1-2 years’ experience building data processing architectures on AWS platforms/service
- Flexibility to use a wide range of tools and evaluate alternative proposed architectures.
- Familiarity with multiple scheduling tools (cron, AirFlow)
- Experience securing data pipelines and associated cloud infrastructure
- Strong documentation skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced communication, critical thinking, interpersonal relationship, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written, spreadsheet and presentation communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, engage with multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Exhibited a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, tracking progress on multiple priorities simultaneously and delivering high quality work.
- Exceptional MS Office skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with RDBMS: MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with document stores: Elastic, MongoDB, or Casandra
- Experience with cloud resident data and multi-cloud integrations (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with big data and related toolsets including Spark, Kafka or databricks
- Experience with Java/Python
- Experience with REST API
- Exposure to data analytics tools such as Tableau and R
What is corporate security?
Corporate security identifies and effectively mitigates or manages, at an early stage, any developments that may threaten the resilience and continued survival of a corporation. It is a corporate function that oversees and manages the close coordination of all functions within the company that are concerned with security, continuity and safety.Employee Status :
Full Time EmployeeShift :
Day JobTravel :
NoJob Posting :
Jun 29 2020About Cognizant Cognizant (Nasdaq-100:
CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.