- Permanent full-time role in an ASX listed company!
- Sydney CBD location (working remotely)
- Business-oriented Data Scientist essential!
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join a 14-15 person analytics team who will work in cross-functional project squads directly with Customer Experience Analytics and Marketing.
You will be extremely hands-on in this role and work with great people to deliver data projects that will drive and hugely impact key business decisions for one of the top 100 ASX-listed companies!About the role:
This team has access to a wealth of data (millions of Australian customers as well as major third-party transaction, spending and location data sets) and are using it to deliver the best Customer Experience.
This is primarily a hands-on data science role, which includes end-to-end analytics from designing data experiments through to data exploration, modelling, solution design, measurement and delivering a final product. As part of cross-functional teams solving new problems, it will be important for you to be comfortable working with senior managers and explaining complex analytics concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.Experience and Skills Required:
Why should you apply?
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in a data science or advanced analytics role, ideally working with Customer Experience, Retail, E-commerce, Banking or Digital Marketing analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex analytics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong experience using Python, SQL and some data visualisation skills using Tableau or PowerBI
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field such as: Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Engineering or similar
- Advantageous skills include; Spark, Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, Personalisation/Recommendation engines
- Big data, including diverse customer, digital and transactional data sets
- A company that wants to actually use Machine Learning and advanced analytics within the business
- Great work-life balance, friendly peers, top-notch talent beside you in projects
- Large, interesting data and millions of customers!
- Good modern data stack and tools; Google Cloud Platform, Spark, Python, SQL, BigQuery, etc
We are already interviewing - if this opportunity looks fitting for you, please apply with your CV / Cover Letter or profile and we will arrange a more in-depth chat with shortlisted applicants.