Closing Date: September 15, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Lead, Environmental Performance, the Data Analyst/Librarian, Environmental Performance is responsible for developing and maintaining cataloging systems for documents, records and data associated with environmental performance throughout the business unit. The role is responsible for designing, developing, and delivering advanced analytics solutions to improve environmental performance across our Coal Operations in BC and AB. The role will establish document libraries, transform data from a variety of sources, build coherent Power BI models and craft state-of-the-art reporting solutions.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has strong results orientation and effective verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts. This person requires outstanding attention to detail, who can lead as well as execute in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Deliver valuable reporting solutions to demonstrate compliance, including presenting technical information to a variety of audiences
- Enhance, improve, and optimize existing Power BI reports and datasets
- Possess an eye for design and producing breathtakingly crafted reports that encompass all design details including alignment, font and color selection, readability, and core data design principles
- Validate data to ensure data correctness
- Craft and develop standard methodologies for data management and visualization
- Prepare a long-term plan for categorizing, indexing, and archiving environmental performance records and information resources, making effective use of source and version control
- Develop a comprehensive taxonomy for organizing information resources based on business goals and requirements from stakeholders
- Establish and maintain process, including guidelines and training materials related to data control
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum two years of experience in building various BI solutions such as dashboards, reports, paginated reports, critical metrics, scorecard and data models in a Microsoft Power BI environment
- Ability to write SQL queries to collect and craft data from relational databases, including performance troubleshooting
- Proficiency demonstrating your Power Query skills to transform data
- Power BI data modeling techniques following industry standard methodologies
- Ability to interpret requirements and design reports/dashboards with complicated visualizations, in an intuitive and clean manner
- Knowledge of Power BI ecosystem including reporting constraints with Power BI service, licensing options, Data Gateways, Workspaces, Apps, Dataflow
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Apps, Power Automate and Azure would be an asset
- Ability to comprehend business drivers and challenges faced by clients
- Experience with metadata development, establishing naming conventions, cataloging and taxonomy
- Rights management experience, including understanding of usage restrictions, expiration, and distribution
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.