#hybrid – Barcelona
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join our Data Science & Search team at Clarivate. The team is a central technology group focused on creating cutting-edge algorithmic services and search platforms.
Using technologies like Machine Learning, NLP, and Information Retrieval, our scientists, and engineers tackle challenges across the entire Innovation Lifecycle, focusing on enhancing the capabilities of our products and empower our customers to lead innovation on a global scale.
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or other quantitative majors, or equivalent work experience.
- 10 or 11 years of industry experience with 5 years of proven track record in the application of ML and NLP.
- Excellent programming skills (Python, Java, R or C++)
- Good communication & presentation skills: connecting people, gathering data & information across business unit boundaries, and telling & selling the story are no problem for you.
It would be great if you have. . . .
- Excellent understanding of statistical methodologies in a data analytics environment; experience with large language model is plus.
- Ability to test ideas and adapt methods quickly end to end from data extraction to implementation and validation.
- Experience with search engines, classification algorithms, recommendation systems, and relevance evaluation methodologies
- Domain knowledge of research areas like chemistry, patent, life science is plus.
- Experience with product management or project management is a plus.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Researches and identifies Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods and algorithms to solve specific problems to improve user experience on IP & Science data and websites.
- Implements these methods and devises appropriate test plans to validate and compare the different approaches.
- Identifies new applications of ML and NLP in the context of Clarivate Analytics extensive sets of content and data.
- Explores existing data for insights and recommends additional sources of data for improvements.
About the team
- Our scientists and engineers use Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Information Retrieval to solve problems along the entire Lifecycle of Innovation, with a strong focus on Intellectual Property data.
- The team employs diverse methods, such as content classification, workflow automation, entity extraction, and recommender systems, to enhance customer productivity and support our customers, who lead innovation in the world.
- We are a global team reporting to the director of data science in US. The team culture is about openness, collaboration, excellence, and innovative thinking rooted in domain expertise, fostering creativity and entrepreneurship.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time permanent position, working on a hybrid model, going 2-3 times per week to our Barcelona Office, located near Sagrada Familia.
At Clarivate, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons with respect to hiring, compensation, promotion, training, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. We comply with applicable laws and regulations governing non-discrimination in all locations.