Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think TD if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
What does TD stand for? For starters, we believe in visionary leadership and insights. We believe in using every resource at our disposal to better serve our clients, and for almost every department, that begins with data.
As part of our Data and Analytics team, you'll be a fundamental part of crafting business processes enterprise-wide by analyzing vast amounts of past and present data.
TD's vision for the future? Tailored, customized banking products, services and experiences for every single customer. If you've been in business as long as we have, you know there's no such thing as one size fits all, and a diverse, inclusive Data Analytics team is a massive part of that future achievement.
About this Role
Provide technical expertise across a broad range of data analysis functions including data modeling, visualization, data profiling, data origin and lineage, report design, and other specialized data management functions
- Provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the organization
- Interpret the meaning of new strategic directions and set objectives and measurements
- Implement monitoring and feedback systems to evaluate progress and identify ways of making continuous improvements
- Gather and analyze information or data on current and future trends of best practices
- Seek information on issues impacting the progress of organizational and process issues
- Leverage data analytics to solve business problems; includes working with structured and unstructured data and building ML models
- Execute on data requests accurately and within a timely manner
- Provide day-to-day support and deliver analytics insights and reporting
- Solicit and offer ideas for improving business processes through insights with the objective of improving effectiveness and efficiency
- Educate the organization on approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of result
- Help the organization understand the principles and the math behind the scientist process to drive organizational alignment
- Translate up to date information into continuous improvement activities that enhance performance
- Research organizational and professional trends, evaluate information sources, and collate and compare findings for bias, omission and accuracy, conduct objective analysis
- Develop analysis to corroborate initial proof of concept
- Provide suggestions, ideas, and opportunities to support business needs
EMPLOYEE / TEAM
- Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area and keep current on emerging trends /developments and grow knowledge of the business, analytical tools and techniques
- Prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet assigned timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation, and teamwork; ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identify opportunities and recommend data related solutions to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency
- Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and other business units, including participation in cross-functional groups or committees (e.g., Data Councils)
BREADTH & DEPTH
- Work autonomously and accountable for acting as a lead within a specialized business management function and may provide work direction to others
- Provide seasoned specialized knowledge, advice and/or guidance to various stakeholders and team members
- Work independently as the senior analyst / subject matter expert and may coach and educate others
- Undertake and complete a variety of complex projects and initiatives requiring specialist knowledge, reporting, and/or the integration of cross functional processes within own area of expertise
- Oversee and/or independently perform tasks from end to end
What can you bring to TD?
Tell us about your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes:
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering; or technical certificate in data analytics
- 3+ years of relevant experience in analytics
- Proven experience in ML model development
- Experience in effectively communicating results to stakeholders/ business leaders in an easily digestible manner
- Proficiency with Python, PySpark and Tableau
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with relational databases
- Eagerness to work independently as a senior/lead role on multiple tasks
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.