Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 12605
Pay Grade: US-C15
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a highly motivated Data Analyst
to join the Sales Analytics team. The ideal candidate has expertise in big data, data analytics, Tableau and predictive modeling. They are passionate about creating business value by designing and developing robust and performant data models. They have strong problem-solving skill, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management.
Reporting to the Sales Analytics Manager, the Data Analyst will collaborate across marketing, sales and operations teams to design and develop datasets and reports in Tableau, as well as perform analysis which provides actionable insights to help stakeholders in decision-making.
This role will be based out of our El Segundo office but offer the opportunity to work remotely full time.
This opportunity will get you working on large scale structured and unstructured data sets, applying various data engineering and modeling techniques on real-world datasets to build and deploy models. A well-qualified candidate will be highly technical with strong business acumen. The successful candidate is a self-starter with abundant intellectual curiosity who excels at framing problems analytically, is comfortable working through ambiguity, and has a proven track record of leveraging analytical insights to drive impactful decisions.
- Mine data, perform quantitative analysis and create clear and actionable narratives about our customers, their behaviors, and drivers of retention and engagement.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to design, build and automate data pipelines, datasets, reports and dashboards in Tableau to provide actionable insight into business metrics, customers, products, and sales force.
- Leverage data wrangling, engineering and analytics techniques to investigate internal data and external data (e.g., health claims data) to boost our understanding of the medical devices market or to generate new customer leads.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales teams to understand business context, develop metrics to measure performance, iterate and improve on data insights and solutions to deliver actionable information to the business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including marketing, sales, customer service, finance etc. on initiatives that improve our company-level KPIs and match our business priorities.
- Develop and deploy solutions for solving business problems using predictive modeling techniques.
- Build intuitive interfaces, infographics, and visualizations to tell stories with data.
- Create presentations with analysis and insights for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be constantly curious and continue to pursue in-depth explorations of our datasets.
- Communicate complicated data findings in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders.
- Ad-hoc analysis to address urgent high impact analysis for business stakeholders
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering) or equivalent consulting experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience in data analytics, including building and deploying enterprise-wide data pipelines and models with applications to real-world problems.
- A minimum of three years of experience with data exploration and visualization like Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc. It is a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful visualizations.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in designing, developing, and scripting data pipelines, data sources and dashboards in Tableau. (Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep and Tableau Server)
- Proficient in SQL and/or other data query languages. Experience of handling large scale data with efficiency. Familiar with Python or R is a plus.
- Strong knowledge about ETL process, data modeling and data wrangling.
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to translate technical solutions and methodologies to executive leadership.
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
- Experience working in a cross-functional setting, managing the full lifecycle of projects.
- Experience working well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
- Advanced problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven experience with tolerance for ambiguity working through incubation to actual product definition.
- Pragmatic attitude and ability to rapidly iterate and evolve ideas into practical implementations.
- Experience in medical device or healthcare industry is a plus.
Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our overall response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
- Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at TaleoAdministrator@karlstorz.com.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ’s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.