The Trust & Safety APAC team is dedicated to building a safe environment for users to discover and create on our content platform. As a Data Scientist on our Trust & Safety team, you will work closely with product managers, program managers and the algorithm team to identify root causes and appropriate strategies. You will be proactively researching, analysing and providing key metrics and dashboards that will influence trust and safety decisions, and together with the team protect our communities on the platform.
- Drive quantitative analysis projects from start to finish, including developing metrics and analytical frameworks and distilling complex results into clear and concise insights;
- Support the strategic planning and execution for long term business plans through in-depths research, industry studies and the study of market trends;
- Design and establish indicator systems for safety and risks of the platform, monitor and optimize risk coverage in each link, measure the performance of content safety strategies and facilitate decision-making.
- Think proactively to identify, detect, and mitigate risk to our community ecology, and help devise strategies to combat it.
- BA/BS in Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- 4+ years work experience doing quantitative analysis
- Ability to synthesize and communicate complex concepts and analyses in easy to understand ways
- Expert experience pulling large and complex data using SQL
- Experience with a data visualization tool (e.g. Mode Analytics/Chartio/Tableau)
- Familiar with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics/Amplitude)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, learn autonomously, and highly organized