About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About The Role
Make a difference in your career journey with the second biggest reinsurance company in the world with 12,000+ diverse employees in over 60 offices worldwide. This is your opportunity to be part of the Reinsurance Business unit working closely with our underwriting units and other business functions globally.
Our location at the heart of Bangalore has been witnessing sustainable growth - the kind of growth characterized by the complex and differentiated value delivered to the business.
This position is an exciting opportunity to join the Actuarial and Analytics function located in Bangalore. The focus of this role would be to design and support of the existing and future underwriting tool landscape. You will be part of a team working on spear tip research topics in the insurance industry. You will venture out of your comfort zone to share views, hypothesize, and brainstorm solutions, and then fully focus on execution together with the team.
This role also provides a unique opportunity to pursue further Actuarial academics by providing financial support in terms of membership registration, reimbursement of course fee, exam preparation material and time off. Also, there are salary increments for each successful exam attempt.
- Master's degree in Statistics/Data Science/Mathematics/Actuarial Science (Min. 1 or 2 actuarial exams will be preferred)
- 2 or more years of working experience in the field of Actuary, Underwriter, Data Scientist, or other similar roles
- Good knowledge of applied math (probability theory, mathematical statistics).
- Basic knowledge of (re)insurance concepts
- Strong knowledge in scripting languages like R python
- Knowledge in database management systems using SQL or similar
- Strong learning motive, curious and motivated to drive topics on your own
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to provide high quality work and deliver to deadlines
- Work in cross-functional international self-organizing team.
- Interest to apply data-science techniques to gain actionable business insights
- Familiarity of machine learning algorithms