About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Machine Learning Engineer - Job Description
As a machine learning engineer, you will be responsible developing machine learning models to support development of product and services to improve the state of the Frontier communications network and elevate the customer experience. You will be working on developing applications to train machine learning models using big datasets. You will have the opportunity to work with a small high impact team and bring AI into an industry that has not fully captured the potential of AI.
What will you do?
- Design and train machine learning models. You will be working on building AI models using communications datasets. You will apply fundamental machine learning concepts to quickly iterate and debug model related issues and develop new techniques.
- Collect, process and analysis data. A big part of our machine learning projects is to understand and analyzing data. You will be working very closely with senior data scientists to execute well defined experiments and feature engineering tasks.
- Debug and analyze models. You must be able to investigate and debug models and identify issues quickly. You will be responsible for proposing/implementing solutions for identified issues.
- Be part of building a world-class AI team in the communications industry. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in AI and apply skills to a unique dataset that has not been used for predictive modeling before. This will give you the freedom to explore the latest ideas from academia and publicly available industry research in AI and apply them to communications data.
- You must be able to read and understand the latest machine learning research publications. You will have the opportunity to discuss these articles with internal data science teams, generate new ideas, and experiment with then using large datasets.
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and data analysis
- 5+ years of industry experience in enterprise level software development
- Experience working with Big data
- Strong background in python language (and R, C/C++)
- Deep understanding of a modern machine learning framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit learn)
- Experience in Linux
- PhD in Computer Science (Data Science, Machine Learning, AI)
- Exposure to industry or academic research (peer review publications)
- Experience in cloud computing technologies (GCP, AWS)
- Experience in deploying ML models to production environments
- Working knowledge of computer networking
- Experience in analyzing ISP IoT data