Big Data Engineer (ETL - SQL - R/ Python - Apache Hive)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services range from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialised professional talent.
On behalf of our client, a leading Private Bank in Zürich, we are looking for a Big Data Engineer.
Overview of the project:
- Our client is currently implementing a new Transaction Monitoring solution for their booking center Switzerland. For this, our client needs a data engineer to own the data integration from source to target system. As the target system's data model is already well known, the task entails source data analysis, data mapping, data transformation and reconciliation.
- Technical data engineer for Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading based on big data technology
- Act as the key resource for data onboarding & implementation tasks incl. testing of newly sourced data sets within a large and strategic Transaction Monitoring system implementation project
- Involved in design and implementation of data relevant topics related to the solution to be implemented
- Determines structural data requirements, Reconciliation measures and definition for data transfer and transformation batch jobs
- Data mapping between source and target systems
- Strive to identify re-use potential across different data integration channels and patterns
- Supporting the development of models for reporting
- SME in data related issues within Client Risk IT change and operations team
- 5 - 10 years of experience in data engineering or similar role
- Proven Big Data project experience
- Hands-on experience in SQL, R/Python and Apache Hive (Hive SQL and Tableau desired)
- Banking Know-How preferred
- Deep knowledge in technical and process-driven data integration
- Familiar with data management tools across different divisions
- Experience in Agile Methodology (SAFe preferred)
- English a must, German proficiency
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However should you have any questions please contact Sophia Biafora on +41 44 229 99 40.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.