Torstar Corporation is a progressive media organization with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. Torstar’s vision for success is driven by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile, collaborative and results driven. The successful candidate will be a champion of those priorities while keeping the customer at the heart of all of the creative work that s/he will be doing.
- Degree in Computer Science, related Engineering field, Economics, or any other quantitative/technical discipline (Having a Graduate Degree would be an asset)
- 3+ years of demonstrated data science & analytics experience (marketing and B2B or sales analytics experience is a plus)
- Expert skill and knowledge of SQL
- Strong analytical skills including: data querying, working with and integrating first and third-party datasets, audience measurement techniques, media mix and up-lift modeling, web analytics, clickstream behaviour, predictive modeling, segmentation, topic modeling and experimental design
- Experience with data visualization tools and techniques (Tableau preferred)
- Experience working with machine learning algorithms using python or R
- Working knowledge of digital ad operations (DMPs, CDPs, on & off network advertising, etc.)
- Experience with tools and cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Analytical strategic thinking with strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to oversee and work simultaneously on different projects with a variety of timelines
- Experience and working knowledge of data infrastructure, pipelines, and advanced data manipulation
- Excellent communication skills: demonstrated ability to precisely and clearly convey results/analysis/visualization to non-technical users from various business functions
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.