Data, Analytics & Strategy
Candy Crush Soda and Candy Crush Saga are searching for dedicated and creative Mid-lvl and Senior Data Scientist!
We are looking for someone with strong interest in building, defining and pushing the boundaries of game analytics and automation. You will be working closely with the different Game Areas of Soda as well as on stand-alone analytical projects where you’ll be able to prove your analytical and technical skills as well as your business knowledge! Other areas of interest are Data Engineering skills and Machine Learning.
These opportunities are available in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Berlin or Malmö.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be working with a diverse set of team members in a lively, dynamic and fast-paced environment. You’ll help us further understand, model, predict, segment and retain our players and join a community of 100+ business intelligence & analytics guides. You will be be part of a cross-functional team of other data scientists, product managers, game designers and developers. You will play a key role in ensuring the best performance of our products with the goal of providing the best experience to our players.
Specifically you will:
- Act as the main point of contact for data interpretation and analytics and proactively identify areas for improvement and develop concrete analyses
- Own and maintain a portfolio of analytical tools for the Analytics team and provide in-depth knowledge of player trends and track performance of different King titles
- Design, monitor, and analyze results for AB tests and translate business needs into technical and AB test requirements
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure accurate implementation and event tracking
- Create, deploy, and maintain Machine Learning & AI models
- Automate various game systems to enhance efficiency
- Develop new analyses, experiments, and data-driven models & tools for business opportunities
- Resolve data complications and ensure accurate game operations and promote data literacy within the game team and share knowledge with the Data Science community
Skills To Build Thrills
There is plenty of scope at King for you to learn from your colleagues in the areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific factors that are advantageous to excel in this role include:
- Analytical approach: You are a data driven storyteller who thrives in speed of delivery, domain knowledge and wide understanding of available tech and data.
- Business Insight: You have the ability to identify the real problem and issues our teams want to take on. You know how to define the right data, critical metrics, analyses or interpretations leading to the right recommendations.
- Communication: You’re comfortable crafting good ways of communicating, visualizing or reporting your results/analyses, so they are clear and unambiguous to technical and non-technical team members.
- Technical skills: You can extract, manipulate and visualize data and you have a good understanding of applied statistics (probability and confidence theory). You are comfortable with SQL, familiar with Python/R and you know how to use visualization tools like Looker for reporting/monitoring needs.
Candy Crush Soda
Candy Crush Soda Saga is King’s second largest game, enjoyed by millions of players around the globe. Since 2014 players have matched colorful bubbly soda, Swedish fish, gummy bears and soda bottles in combinations of three or more to win points, defeat obstacles and progress through more than 11,000 levels. Candy Crush Soda Saga is available to download for free from the Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon App store, Windows App Store and Facebook.
Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga is one of the world’s most popular mobile games. Millions of players around the globe match colorful candies in combinations of three or more to win points, defeat obstacles and progress through more than 14,000 levels. In November 2022, Candy Crush Saga celebrated its 10-year anniversary. Candy Crush Saga is available to download for free from the Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon App store, Windows App Store and Facebook.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com