Here at Lion we’re going through an exciting period of change, transforming our approach within our business to better connect our brands with our consumers.
We have a vision- it’s bold and unique and we need talented people to bring it to life. We encourage entrepreneurs and innovators and have welcomed many into our pride, always ensuring they have the freedom to do what they do best.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Scientist to join our newly created Strategy & Planning team reporting directly into our Strategic Intelligence Manager. This role is available on a permanent basis and can be conducted on a hybrid basis of office and home working.
Within this role you will scope, build, deploy and maintain advanced analytics projects that help drive decisions which will lead to improved business outcomes across marketing, customer, sales, and commercial functions. The projects you work on will have tangible business outcomes to help drive Lion’s 3-year strategy and through these projects, you will champion and enhance the data capability at Lion.
A day in the life…
- Extract, process, clean and triangulate between large and varied amounts of data (transaction, invoice, customer, consumer, ex-brewery, scan, media etc)
- Build strong stakeholder engagement to understand business issues, data requirements and ask the right questions to help scope the project
- Utilise appropriate advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to build, test, deploy, maintain, and track scalable analytical assets that improve business outcome or help drive critical business decision
- Build the front-end of complex models for handover to technically capable stakeholders
- Enhance current data science forecasting and price optimisation models or discover and create new technology and methodologies
- Pro-actively identify commercially valuable opportunities
What you will need from day one..
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to manage projects to agreed deadlines
- Ability to translate highly technical data to a wide range of non-technical audiences, ensuring information is concise and clear
- Strong communication skills with a growth mindset and positive approach.
- Experience working with Python, SQL, Statistics, Excel, Jupyter, Github, PowerPoint is essential for success in this role
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud environment, BI/Tableau, SAP is preferred but not essential
What to expect from us:
We're proud of our diverse workforce, acknowledging our people for the unique individuals they are. When it comes to flexibility, we understand that one size doesn't fit all. Our flexible working program, LionFlex enables us to work in ways that support our lifestyle to help us balance our career with the other important things in life.
This is a rare opportunity to play a critical part in the business and make a tangible impact. Even more, you’ll enjoy a culture focused on personal development, sociability and wellbeing.
Empower yourself to achieve - start a conversation with us today.