DESTINATION FOR GREAT TALENT
At Trade Republic, we are on a mission to democratize wealth. We set up millions of Europeans for wealth with fast, easy, and free access to capital markets. With over one million customers we are one of the largest savings platforms in Europe, with users holding over €6 billion on our platform.
We are seen as the go-to-destination for top talent from across the globe. Everyday we strive to make Trade Republic a great environment to do the best work of your life, surrounded by exceptional, caring and passionate colleagues. In addition to learning and growing with a world-class team, you will build a destination for everyone across Europe to put money to work.About The Team
To support Trade Republic’s mission, we —the Data Platform — enable well-informed decision making through creating self-service platforms for supporting the Data Culture across all Data and Engineering teams. By joining the Data Platform team you will play a key role in creating the underlying foundation that powers up such platforms.
Design, build and maintain self-service tools and end to end platforms which allow our stakeholders to create, build and schedule data workflows for various use cases (experimentation, machine learning, BI, streaming, ...).
As a Staff Engineer you will be recognized by others as a source of new ideas and as a key contributor not only on the technical level but also on a strategic level. You will be heavily involved in architecture, mentoring other engineers, establishing technical leadership in the team and contributing to solving deeply complex problems in your domain.What You Will Be Doing
What We're Looking For
- Contribute strategically and technically to the development of new products with meaningful business impact
- Establish leadership and clarity when there are ambiguous problems
- Own projects that span across one or more verticals at Trade Republic
- Architect and write code for systems that are capable of processing massive amounts of data in both batch & real-time
- Construct user-centric interfaces and tooling around data platform products
- Empower and mentor the upcoming generation of technical leaders at Trade Republic
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY NOW
- Strong ability to communicate ideas & technical implementations to stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Experience and passion for building systems that are capable of handling massive amounts of data in both batch and real-time. Experience with tools like Kafka, Flink, Spark, Storm & Hive might come in handy, but also experience with similar technologies will do just fine
- Language-agnostic approach to problem solving. We perceive choosing a programming language as choosing the right hammer for a nail. We are far more interested in your well-roundedness as an engineer rather than knowledge of a certain language or tool
- Experience building infrastructure as code and eagerness to champion its’ best practices
- Experience building user-centric services which enables other teams to seamlessly deploy at scale data services, focusing on ease of use and deployment from an engineering perspective
- Exceptional ownership and drive to create business impact & to empower your colleagues to become better every day
- Pragmatism & eagerness to work on the most impactful projects, and not necessarily driven by technical complexity or excitement of the project or task
At Trade Republic you will get to do the best work of your career. We are a destination for people who are exceptional at what they do. Every day, we strive to build a world-class team and provide the space for people to do their best. We have a relentless ambition of raising the bar and expect the best from ourselves. Through our dedicated people-first management approach and transparent career paths, you will have the opportunity to develop and grow your career like never before. And because you are surrounded by a diverse team of high performers, you will be learning every day.
You will play an important role in fixing one of the largest challenges we face - closing the pension gap and democratizing wealth. Trade Republic is a place where your job, your career and your passions intersect. If this gets you fired up, just like it does for all of us at Trade Republic, then reach out!
Trade Republic embraces diversity and strives for equal opportunity for everyone. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives and skills. We encourage applicants of diverse gender, age, sexuality, religion, ethnicity, disability status and parental status to apply to our roles, or those from other intersecting minority groups not listed. The more diverse and inclusive we are as a team, the greater our work will be.