At SNCB/NMBS we want to become data-driven. We strive to make data a shared asset giving all stakeholders a common view of the company. We provide users with the tools they need to analyse and explore data, and generate insights that improve customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
As Data Engineer within our Data Factory team, you play an instrumental role in the realization of this vision by building our data platform.Your Responsibilities And Skills Are The Following
- You contribute to the design and implementation of the Azure data platform.
- You develop and deploy end-to-end data applications leveraging the Azure data platform.
- You have experience with Azure data analytics services (Data Factory, ADLS, Synapse, SQL Server, Databricks, ML).
- You are familiar with data technologies (spark, python/pandas, SQL).
- You have knowledge of state-of-the-art software engineering best practices and tools (Git, CI/CD, tests, Pipelines, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Azure DevOps).
- You are familiar with Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform).
- You work with Data Architects and Platform Architects to ensure your work is aligned with the requirements and architecture.
- You work with the Security & Infrastructure teams to ensure data assets and data products are integrated and secured.
- You work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, and manage work time effectively.
- You participate to the definition of standards, guidelines and best practices and make sure to respect them.
- You remain up to date with latest trends and technologies and identify potential impact of market trends in your tasks.
- You have a background in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics or have a degree in other related IT fields
- You are able to find trends in data sets and developing algorithms to help make raw data more useful to the company
- You have a significant set of technical skills, including deep knowledge of SQL database design and multiple programming languages like Java, .NET
- You have good communication skills to work across Business and IT departments and understand value from the different data initiatives stakeholders
- The ability to apply data architectural principles to business solutions
- Experience using data model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information sources
- Experience in translating logical data models using a variety of tools and techniques into physical model for implementation
- The ability to act as liaison between Business and IT
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Fluent in French or Dutch, English is a plus
Within our open corporate culture, you contribute to the digital transformation of SNCB. You will have a job with social impact and ample opportunity to make your own contribution. In addition to a good work-life balance and a competitive salary, you will receive the following benefits:
- the possibility to work remotely + flexible working hours;
- 35 days of leave;
- a company car + a public transport season ticket;
- a target bonus;
- a comprehensive insurance package (affiliation without own contribution, excl. outpatient costs for family members);
- hospitalisation and dental care for the whole family;
- outpatient costs (= medical costs separate from hospitalisation);
- group insurance: supplementary pension, work disability and death (cafeteria plan);
- accidents at work (extralegal);
- meal vouchers and eco-vouchers;
- net allowances for remote working and carwash + internet budget.