UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Bind is going beyond the traditional “Provider Directory” used by most health insurers. We are building a clean, innovative database of healthcare providers, including predictions about the services that each provider offers. With our unique Benefit design, we put price tags on these providers and services in a consumer-friendly app. This empowers our members with all the information they need to make decisions about their health.
To build this database, Bind is looking to apply methods and data sources that are outside the industry norm. This role will play an integral part in this effort; responsibilities include:
- Analyze and assess industry sources for information about practitioners and locations, including the services they offer
- Identify and validate logic to help Bind predict accurate and complete information about practitioners and locations
- Become the go-to person on provider data analytics at Bind
- Work with Bind’s data partners to find and resolve data issues
- Build and monitor reports and dashboards based on Bind’s data
- Participate in internal and external communications regarding Bind’s data improvements
- Partnr with internal stakeholders to identify requirements and deliver intended results
- Manage and integrate feedback from Bind employees, members, and employers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of experience in analytics, consulting, or related field
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years working with SQL and relational databases
- 1+ years working healthcare administrative data (e.g. claims, enrollment, provider directory)
- Working knowledge of clinical data domains and code sets (CPT, ICD, DRG, etc.)
- High attention to detail
- Innate curiosity to learn more
- Loves exploring new datasets and uncovering quirks / relationships in data
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.