Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Participates as a member of and leads development teams. Performs analysis of complex functional and business requirements. Prepares code stubs for others. Completes code to implement solutions. Designs solutions for others to code. Participates in cross-functional teams. Leads design activities May provide mentoring and guidance to other developers. Designs, prepares and executes Unit tests. Represents team to client/customers.
- Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team. Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems. Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Database Administration).
- Performs solution design. Applies HP and 3rd party technologies and leads design of highly complex infrastructure and software solutions.
- Independently implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure or services of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for HP and customers. Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues.
- Be a strategic partner and work with business stakeholders to define high impact operational ERP problems and find innovative ways to solve these problems with data.
- Deliver on business functionality, while also operating and improving the products that are in production.
- Help build dashboards and visualizations that enable stakeholders to self-serve metrics and trends effectively. Assist and educate on interpretation.
- Data Modeling - Partner with data consumers to improve existing data models and build different facets of the business for BI use cases
- Help define and contribute to the technical vision and software architecture needed to fulfill both short-term and long-term product requirements.
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization
- Enhance our data architecture to balance scale and performance. Analyze performance characteristics of the parts of our stack which affect the customer, partner and team member experience.
- Data Quality and Anomaly Detection - Improve existing tools to measure data quality through metrics and automatic alerting
- Participate in project planning and approve the plan on behalf of the technical team members. Make visible blocking issues immediately to the PMO.
- Responsible for making sure every team member is talking to each other and a uniform solution is being designed, coded, tested and delivered that adheres to the acceptance criteria.
- Is the lead whose vote breaks contentious technical issues between SI and HP and/or within HP Team.
- Finalized design document
- Code Review of All Technical Delivery Work Products Categories
- Performance Test Results
- Technical Advisory for Change Control Processes
- Signatory to Project Plan
- Lead problem solving working sessions
- Stable and Performing Product in production
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of modern software development tools and SCM.
- Hands on experience building Enterprise HANA Analytical modelling
- Expert knowledge in SQL scripting and columnar database development
- Hands on experience in performance tuning of analytical models
- Strong working knowledge of SAP BW4 HANA
- Expert knowledge of report and dashboard development
Strong knowledge of reporting solutions - WEBI/BOE,
- Expert knowledge to trouble shoot technical reporting issues
- Advanced understanding of Software Test methodologies, and an expert in testing tools. Expert in Database Administration.
- General Project Management. Customer/ Vendor Management. Business Analysis.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team. Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!