Looking to make a difference developing disruptive technologies? The BAE Systems Advanced Technology Team (ATT) leads the way with opportunities to tackle the Defense Industry's hardest problems in the world of digital engineering for the Systems Engineering community. We are seeking highly motivated individuals comfortable working in a high-performing multi-disciplinary collaborative team and fast-paced environment to join the ATT's Data Analytics team as a Data Scientist.
A Data Scientist on the ATT will be at the forefront of:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Designing, developing, & optimizing the best data analytics solutions to meet government stakeholder needs
- Developing & implementing data scraping, data cleaning/processing, and Artificial Intelligence (Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Unsupervised/Supervised Machine Learning, etc.) algorithms to analyze combat system design and open defects
- Visualizing tactical combat system data with sleek dashboards
- Better understanding and drawing conclusions on combat system capabilities and limitations through data analytics findings
- Presenting output results of combat system findings to government customers, sponsors, and other stakeholders
- Actively engaging in Research & Development (R&D) projects to solve top data analytics challenges in the Defense Industry
- Developing attended and unattended Robotic Process Automation (RPA) bots to automate tasks and data synchronization between systems
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline with 2 years of experience
- Strong competency in programming languages such as Python, Java, etc.
- Competency in data visualization and developing dashboards
- Competency in designing, querying, and integrating with relational and/or graph databases
- Strong and confident communication/presentation skills
- Experience in algorithm design, development, and implementation
- Experience in being part of a multidisciplinary project team
- Basic appreciation of emerging technology trends such as advances in cloud computing and deep learning
- Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a Secret level clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- (Highly desired) Fluency and experience using Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- (Highly desired) Fluency and experience using Python libraries/platforms such as Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK) and OpenCV
- (Highly desired) Fluency and experience with designing, querying, and integrating with relational (MySQL preferred) and graph (Elastic preferred) databases
- (Highly desired) Experience with developing & implementing Artificial Intelligence algorithms, especially in the following disciplines: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Unsupervised/Supervised Machine Learning, and Computer Vision
- Strong competency in data visualization using software such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik Sense, Kibana, etc.
- Experience in task automation developing & utilizing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) unattended and attended bots
- Experience working on DoD programs
- Already holds active Secret level clearance
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong. 90243BR