Are you an ambitious individual looking to build your career in Data Science?
Working as a key member of the Retail Operations team & Axcelerate transformation programme, this role’s focus is to develop and build data science solutions, mapping out our customers journeys and identifying improvements to our Contact centre processes supporting the key deliverables within the AXA Retail strategy
Your key responsibilities would be to:
- Work closely across with key stakeholders across the Operation to understand business problems, and assist in designing end-to-end advanced analytics use cases
- Work collaboratively and assist in identification of internal or external data sources needed to develop use cases
- Support developing complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organization.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance across all lines of business
- Support the review process following solution delivery and ensure this has met requirements
- Utilise data science tools and techniques to ensure the optimum solution is produced
- Present findings & recommendations to an audience of senior stakeholders & members of the Retail community, both with and without a technical background
- Work with relevant MI functions within the business to design tracking & reporting functionality to evidence performance against agreed targets
- Investigate alternative sources of data both internal and external to enhance analysis and undertake data manipulation, cleaning and production as necessary.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience with R or Python.
- Knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams and collaborate
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Experience working with data sets from multiple sources
- Passionate about data science
- Experience of Contact Centre technology e.g. CRM, Telephony, Speech Analytics, Desktop analytics.
What we offer
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Up to £35,000 dependent on experience
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to email@example.com.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.