You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.Job Description:
Join a team that is transforming Security Analytics at Sun Life and be part of a global analytical initiative to make client data more secure. Sun Life’s Information Security area is enhancing its data engineering, platform, analytics and insights capability with new tools, and most importantly, new talent.
As a member of the Security Analytics team, you will play a pivotal role in working closely with our partners to enable threat intelligence, internal threat identification, predictive modelling, business intelligence and deep dive analytics to understand and identify new threats and incidents to make client data safer. As Data Engineer you will join a team that leverages and is on a journey of quickly enhancing our Big Data and Cloud capabilities to enable various use cases by ensuring there is a solid data foundation in place to support data mining, strategic insight and automated capability enablement.
Given this mandate, the role requires an experienced data specialist (5+ years) with deep experience in data management, a solid understanding of the data needs of analytics and business and new technologies in the world of data.What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Build data pipelines using AWS services that clean and structure data sets into a readable and searchable format for reporting, data science, analytics, and ad-hoc querying.
- Maintain a large and complex data repository that provides accurate and reliable data to support reporting and insights about the user behavior.
- Develop a strong understanding of the insights roadmap with the focus on providing data engineering solutions and continuous platform improvements to support real-time analytics.
- Work intimately building a user data model to create easy access to user data and behavior.
- Deepen the organizations understanding of user level data and provide expert guidance on how best to leverage data to provide actionable insights.
- Manage and execute on business data requests ensuring requests are aligned to Information Security priorities and the request fulfillment meets the stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrates business values via PoC and promoting PoC to production.
- Collaborates well in an agile environment to understand objectives and develop data solutions that deliver best in class, engaging and highly relevant experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- SQL/Python Programming along with experience in database technologies is a MUST with 5+ years of experience.
- Expertise in data, analytics technology with 5+ years of relevant experience in data modelling analytics/modelling.
- Expert on developing the structure and processes to build a data repository (includes basic ETL type processes, QA, data model etc.) with expertise with Python/ Spark/ Scala/ Glue/ Lambda/ RedShift or similar technologies. Knowledge of Java or any OOP is a Plus.
- As a leader you will be expected to bring new ideas and champion improvements where applicable.
- Liaison with other IT and Info Security departments to improve data processes and enrich Security Analytics data model with new data.
- Manage or coordinate small to medium projects from initiation through planning, requirements, construction to implementation and post-implementation reviews.
- Experience working within the Agile methodology.
- Information Security background is a PLUS but not mandatory.
- Solid communication skills – have the ability to explain complexity of data to a non-data audience and explain the complexity of analytics to the IT audience
- Additional professional development in various studies in information technology, business and Statistics
- Adaptable - maintains effectiveness while managing competing demands, able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Experience in Agile way of working
- Information Security background is a PLUS but not mandatory.
Must be able to obtain Reliability Status through the Government of Canada before a start date can be confirmed (includes a background check with fingerprinting by the RCMP)
What’s In It For You
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US.
- Named 2021 “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work - 2021
- We’re proud to be a Best Workplace for Hybrid Work by Great Place to Work® Canada
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Wide range of career growth opportunities within our team and the company
- Competitive salary structure in an outcome-based environment, influenced by market range data
- Flexible hours and periodic work from home options
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Salary Range:
80,000/80 000 - 130,400/130 400Job Category:
IT - Technology ServicesPosting End Date: