The Customer Intelligence team, a member of the Science division within Bayer’s Digital Farming Solutions, are crafting insights and models around customer behavior that will improve our ability to serve our farmer customers.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help prioritize and create our portfolio of business focused insights as well as help craft our longer term analytics strategy. You are a strong communicator and are comfortable both doing technical work and evaluating the technical work of others. You have experience making architecture decisions around data generation and code storage in a discovery environment, and have driven ongoing adoption of best practices within a team.
What You Will Do:
- Communicate within and across the team to define, prioritize, and set timelines for delivering insight and analytic requests
- Produce technical analysis, such as exploratory data analysis and data piping
- Provide strategic input for architectural decisions around the team’s data and code management
- Help decompose large or complex tasks into clear deliverables with clear definitions of success that can be completed by other team members
- Participate in peer review of team member’s code and documentation
- Participate in medium to long range strategic decision making
- Communicate results to technical peers, business partners, and strategic leaders in the company
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Agronomy, Engineering or a related quantitative discipline with at least 5 years of data analytics or data science experience OR Masters with at least 2 years' experience
- Experience leading technical projects / programs
- Advanced skill using Python (e.g. pandas, numpy, matplotlib, seaborn, etc.)
- Advanced skill using SQL or PySpark dataframe manipulations
- Intermediate skill using version control, e.g. git
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Agronomy, Engineering or a related quantitative discipline.
- Experience with building reproducible, scalable ETL pipelines containing multiple data formats and data of varying quality in a research environment
- Experience with agronomic data and agricultural technology, especially with regard to row crops
- Experience with exploratory Big Data discovery through the use of technologies such as PySpark
- Curiosity and an open-mind towards unfamiliar data sources and unfamiliar quantitative domains
- Passionate about collaborating within and across teams to create high impact business value
- Experience in collaborating with nontechnical, business facing teams to define meaningful insights or team data needs
- Excellent communication skills across varying technical levels, with an ability to translate business questions into technical requirements
- Ability to identify and prioritize problems, then propose scalable solutions
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/_6DOwEjRI2o or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.