Do you have what it takes to transform an organisation into a Digital & Data led one? Then you are the Senior Data Engineer we want in our IT function.
As part of Laing O'Rourke's transformation, we need candidates like you to help with our journey. The Senior Data Engineer role is key to helping the right ‘data delivery' from the onset for all Digital Initiatives. Are you the key candidate to open the door? The Senior Data Engineer role will help us achieve industry leading data & analytics transformation. Can you create, execute and lead compelling strategies around Digital Data Architecture, Data Governance and Data Quality? Then keep reading.
Your role is to create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture. You will be assembly large, complex data sets that meet the functional / non-functional business requirements. To do this you will be Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.Duties Include
Essential Skills And Experience
- Building the infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data
- Working with stakeholders and the Executive, Product and Data teams
- Keeping internal data separate and secure through architected sensitive data patterns
- Creating data tools for analytics
Desirable Skills And Experience
- Around 10+ years of experience working in the data space and 5 years leading digital data transformation
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of database
- Experience with Microsoft cloud services: Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Search, Purview
- Experience with Microsoft Power Shell
- Experience with version and source control (Git) and Azure DevOps
- Experience in APIs and API Management
- Stakeholder communication
- Ability influence and promote data agendas
- Able to coach and mentor for a consistent, high level standard
- Ability to understand and articulate complex data in a simplified manor
The position is working within our IT Function and supporting our Digital Function. It is an excellent opportunity to learn from like-minded mentors and experts that make up our team. For more information apply today and don't miss out on an opportunity to accelerate your career.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.About Us
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org