At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
STERIS is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. This role will support our Data and Analytics modernization initiatives. The Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding our data pipeline architecture, improving data flow and data collection for analytical use. The Data Engineer will work closely with a global team of software developers, data architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives to ensure consistent data delivery in ongoing projects.
Date Engineering - Support - 30%
- Incident management and resolution
- Ongoing enhancements and bug fixes of existing apps
- Monitor and perform health checks of applications and application platforms
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems reported for the specified modules and applications.
- Investigates issues using vendor support website(s).
- Creates tickets or service requests with software vendor.
- Develops fixes for issues
- Develops changes to programs to resolve issues
- Works with other team members and other teams to resolve issues
Duties - cont'd
Date Engineering - Development – 70%
- Assemble and organize large, complex data sets that meet functional and business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and flexibility
- Define and build optimal data pipelines to enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making by the business.
- Build and maintain the architecture required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using ETL tools and big data technologies.
- Assist in leveraging analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into revenue generation, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders technical and business teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing products and services.
- Work with data and analytics experts to deliver greater functionality in our Data and Analytics systems.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information SystemsRequired Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or related role in a complex, fast-paced setting.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related quantitative field.
- Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and query authoring.
- Data modeling in a Data Warehouse environment.
- ETL systems such as Informatica Power Center.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Big data environments such as Apache Spark and Hadoop.
- Cloud environments such as Azure/AWS/Google.
- Operating systems such as UNIX/LINUX, Windows.
- Agile development and tools such as Git and Jira.
- Building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- The following skills are highly desirable:
- Experience working on Snowflake and NoSQL databases
- Working knowledge of Data Science and Advanced Analytics frameworks
- Working knowledge of BI tools like Tableau and Cognos.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.Self-motivated analytical thinker and a collaborative team player.
- Proactive, results-driven, can-do attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by
- 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.