Responsible for collecting, storing, processing and building data capabilities within big data platforms for both business analytics and data science needs. Capable of leveraging both structured and unstructured data sets. Able to curate high-quality data sets using open source technologies and cloud native tools. Maintains best practices for data integration, quality, design, performance, processing, and reliability. (Open to candidates residing in the Continental US)
- Enterprise Data Modeling, Reporting, & Business Intelligence
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Use data modeling tool to build attribute level data dictionary content
- Work with Data Analyst to document source to target mapping specification documents for the ETL development team
- Acquire and translate complex business data requirements into data model relationships
- Use their skillset to help the company's management interpret data and test hypotheses.
- Manage XML schemas that are consistent with the data models.
- Investigate, analyze and recommend data formats and structure required to support applications that consume data from the HDFS platform.
- Knowledge of how data entities and elements should be structured to assure accuracy, performance, understanding, and operational and analytical efficiencies.
- Work with Tableau developer to define reporting data sets, semantic layer, KPIs and metrics for tableau reports.
- Enterprise Data Stewardship & Governance
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Leads teams and projects across the function to achieve discipline/department and functional goals
- Applies rigorous data management principles to build and maintain the businesses conceptual and logical data models, from operational data stores, to enterprise data warehouses, data lakes, and data marts
- Develops, maintains and/or employ the standards, procedures, and guidelines used to govern data models.
- Defines ownership, obtain approval, and communicate data models to various audiences. Ensure consistent enterprise view and usage of data assets.
- Assures compliance to required corporate standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
- Enterprise Data Communications
- Keeps up to date on industry, competitor and market trends; interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends leading practices to improve products, processes or services
- Shapes how own discipline/department integrates with other disciplines/departments and the broader function
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to persuade a different point of view
- Actively solicits and listens to feedback to determine need for change or improvement
- Direct, coach, and guide development teams in applying data modeling techniques and the usage of data modeling and repository tools.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience as a data analyst
- Data Skills
- Ability to write custom processing jobs, ability to leverage parallel processing on large datasets, etc.
- Ability to work across multiple datasets to assemble data
- Routinely called upon to extract data for analyst teams for routine or exploratory analytics
- Data Knowledge
- Ability to clearly navigate complex data models to retrieve business information
- In-depth knowledge of key data across multiple data domains and or business unit (perceived as a data SME)
- Ability to tutor co-workers (within and outside of organizational department) on various data domains
- Routinely validates how data elements are structured, and confirms alignment with business definitions
- Expert knowledge on multiple source systems and the data they generate
- Data Modeling
- Advanced ability to translate business requirements into logical data model
- In-depth knowledge of multiple data models leveraged across the enterprise (either multiple business units or multiple data domains)
- Aligns closely with DBA’s in the construction of the physical data model
- Reporting & BI
- Advanced ability to visualize data in the best representation given the data or analytics required
- Advanced ability to represent multivariate data within a single visual
- Thorough understanding of BI applications leveraged within CMFG and within the marketplace
- Ability to incorporate aesthetic principles into report / scorecard development
- Stewardship & Governance
- Considered SME on data definitions, lineage and rules for multiple lines of business or data domains
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) up and down organizational structure regarding all tasks / assignments
- Ability to communicate ideas at every level of detail, from the most detailed business discussion to a senior leadership forum
- Strong skills in “demystifying” analytics and communicating benefits as opposed to technicalities
- Capable of leading development of presentation logic
- Strong presentation skills
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.