Job ID: 2114850
Location: REMOTE WORK , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-10-04
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking a Military Data Analyst to support an Army National Guard contract where you will fulfill ad hoc requests; identify ways to improve data quality and provide to leadership for evaluation and action; assist and train users on our software solutions, and create reports to support the G1 mission. You will work with several military human resource databases using your Microsoft SQL Server expertise, as well as various internally developed tools and/or products.
This is a remote position from the DC Metro area. Travel to the Fairfax, VA office is required from time to time.
- Satisfy Ad hoc requests for reports or information, leveraging internally developed tools and / or direct SQL
- Clearly communicate highly technical details to customers who have little or no programming, database, or software development knowledge
- Provide customer with understandable explanations based on complex SQL/data-based characteristics. Identify necessary additional fields and review new metrics and presentations for accuracy and refinement. Assist in updating metadata for products
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Conduct individual and/or group training on products and tools
- Create and provide briefings
- Triage customer help tickets, address customer inquiries, and resolve issues
- Generate Ad hoc task descriptions and track to completion in project management tool
- Collaborate with product team and customers
- Develop and document functional requirements, working with customer, project, and technical team
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' work experience as indicated
- Knowledge of military human resources and a robust understanding of military systems and processes are highly desired in this position
- Applicants should have strong SQL skills, the ability to work independently to manage multiple complex tasks with tight deadlines, and proactively seek assistance from a variety of subject matter experts. Strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills, ability to accomplish tasks, fulfill requirements, and effectively communicate and train other users
- Strong knowledge of SQL, including the ability to read and design queries and stored procedures
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database designs, metadata management techniques, and a working understanding of tools used for database, content, and metadata management
- Demonstrated expertise in the structure / capabilities / limitations of a data warehouse
- Solid understanding of automated military systems
- Answering dozens of Ad hoc requests on a monthly basis. Ad hoc reporting and other daily customer support and interaction
- Functional knowledge of the US Army military human resource processes and procedures
- Demonstrated organizational, planning skills needed to track each request and its fulfillment
- Presenting and creating customer briefings, demonstrations, and training including classroom and desk-side
- Microsoft Office suite expertise
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write in layman’s terms when defining metrics, reports, and dashboards
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required, CE is a plus
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Can start with an Interim Secret clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.