The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
Let's talk about the role
Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Data Scientist with relevant consulting and technical skills to join our team in Melbourne or Adelaide . If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyse large amounts of raw information to find patterns and build data products to extract valuable business insights. Your responsibilities include:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and other machine-learning based solutions to business problems
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
Let's talk about your skills and experience
You will have the ability to help execute end-to-end data science projects using proven methodologies like CRISP-DM to enable our clients to: analyse trends, find patterns, predict next best action and automate processes using artificial intelligence to inform and improve business decision making.Essential skills and experience:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience in data analysis, statistical methods and machine-learning
- Strong Knowledge of and experience using R, SQL and Python; experience with Spark, Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using Data Science tools (e.g. Cloudera Data Science Workbench, SAS, SAP HANA PAL etc.)
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Zoomdata, QlikView, Tableau etc.) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind, business acumen, strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- B.Sc. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or any other quantitative field is preferred
Please note, we can only consider Australian Citizens for this role.
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee's stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.