Overview:Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law. Baker Tilly is a member of the global network of Baker Tilly International Ltd., the members of which are separate and independent legal entities.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are very well versed in BI and data analytics, SQL, the MS Stack, Azure and other cloud services.
- You enjoy supporting a variety of industries and embedding yourself with client teams to work together to find a solution.
- You enjoy being face to face with clients, understand who the key stakeholders on projects are, and positively influence the business need behind the use of data.
- You are constantly looking to grow your education in technology and staying up to date with the latest trends.
- You are a team player that encourages collaboration and has an entrepreneurial mind.
- You enjoy sharing what you learned with the team and are willing to be a mentor to others.
- You love to learn and enjoy putting yourself out of your comfort zone and have done or at least entertained the idea of speaking at tech events.
- Enjoy building relationships with your colleagues through social activities and team outings supporting work-life balance.
- You have and are interested in maintaining different technical certifications.
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for working within an agile environment to aid in the delivery of a managed service defined by the Architect of Project Manager.
- Have strong experience building out data warehouses.
- Lead or support the day to day sprint activities provided to you by your pod leader.
- Work to understand business processes and possible improvements across an array of industries.
- Utilize your scoping talents to help identify more areas within the business that our team can successfully impact for future projects.
Successful candidates will have:
- Have hands on experience in Microsoft business intelligence technologies that may include:
- SQL database server
- SQL server integration services
- SQL server analysis services/ Azure analysis services
- SQL server reporting services
- Azure SQL Database (PasS, IaaS, DaaS)
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Power BI
- Have at least 4 years of experience working within these technologies as well as other backend tech.
- Apply different data modeling techniques and functional knowledge to both your internal team and external partners.
- Exhibit responsibility and accountability towards quality completion of projects and consistently hitting project timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and are not ashamed to ask questions or raise concern on projects.
- Outstanding customer service skills following proper business requirements and human resources expectations.
- Disciplined to be able to work in a variety of business environments.
- Ability to travel potentially up to 50% of the time.
- Maintained a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Information Technology, or other related discipline.