IHS Markit is a global market leader in providing information, analytics and solutions for industries and markets that drive economies worldwide.
The candidate will join a growing team of Data Scientists as a member of the Advanced Analytics team at IHS Markit. Working alongside SMEs across Finance the team develops Proof of Concepts (POC) for break-through ideas which then lead to both the enhancements of existing products as well as the creation of new products and solutions.
- Develop models, algorithms and data pipelines that leverage wealth of IHS Markit data to provide actionable insights to clients
- Drive data science product development end to end: from POC to productization
- Apply knowledge of various machine learning techniques and best practices in data science to develop new products or improve exiting analytics products
- Actively explore and identify the latest relevant techniques
- Work with business stakeholders and product managers to deliver outstanding products that exceed customer expectations, taking full ownership for timelines and deliveries.
- Identify opportunities for innovation across the firm
- 5+ years of professional experience in Advanced Analytics / Data Science / Machine Learning
- Coding experience in Python (Expert Level) to write robust and high standard Machine Learning code; experience with version control (preferably Git)
- Hands on project lifecycle experience, from business analysis to productization
- Experience working with databases (e.g. SQL)
- Experience of working with large data sets and distributed computing
- Experience developing deep learning models.
- Experience in one or more of: NLP, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Time Series modelling
- Exposure to production deployment and ML Ops
- Able to translate business problems into problems that can be solved with Data Science
- Able to communicate technical ideas effectively to non-technical audience
- Ability to work in a team
- Curious and open-minded attitude to new approaches
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.