We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our Company with insights gained from analysing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities, patterns and process optimization and using scalable models to test the effectiveness of different courses of actions that will help improve our company business decision capabilities. You must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. You must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. Must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company testing framework and test models quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- We’re looking for someone with 4-6 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, Digital Ocean, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Power BI & SSRS etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
Key Characteristics and Attitudes:
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
Jumio Values:IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountable, Leading Innovation