Top Must-Have Skills for this job:
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer (specifically leveraging cloud data technologies)
- Experience leading development efforts (gathering requirements, analyzing solutions, and executing)
- Cloud analytical database solutions experience (AWS, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Expert SQL experience working with a variety of databases and query creation
- Hands-on experience developing/maintaining data pipelines (ETL, ELT, streaming data)
- Knowledge and development experience with Python, Ruby, or Shell scripting
- Previous experience (consulting or direct) with SaaS companies (preferred, but not required)
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Participate in all design reviews and requirement sessions, as required.
- Understand database design, programming concepts, data modeling, and framework management.
- Communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical people in all levels of the organization.
- Create or update technical documentation for transition to support teams, including data flows and transformations.
- Design, develop, and test data pipeline solutions and automate data loading processes.
- Develop and implement an efficient migration process to move data pipeline objects from development to test and production environments.
- Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and application data models, and determine the best methods for integrating data to support internal and external analytical needs.
- Design and implement data models to support reporting, dashboarding, and integration needs.
- Develop automated data audit, testing, and validation processes.
- Stay up to date on ever evolving technologies and processes for managing data pipelines
- 3-5 years of data and/or software engineering experience.
- Expert SQL skills and database ETL/ELT
- Development experience with Java, Ruby, Python
- Experience leading development efforts - gathering requirements, analyzing solutions, and executing
- Additional Experience needed:
o Designing and developing complex data flows.
o Creating data models based on complex business entities.
o Large scale, complex data migration efforts.
o Loading data from internal / external APIs.
o Public cloud analytical database solutions (i.e., Snowflake, Redshift).
o Shell scripting.
- Excellent Analytical skills and Flexibility/Adaptability when working as a team.
- Preferred Experience:
o Experience with Machine Learning.
o Experience with BI and Reporting Tools (i.e., Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik).
o Experience in delivering solutions based on Agile principles
o Experience with Kubernetes / containers
- Full Benefits (Mental, Dental, Vision)
- 401(k) Plan, Open PTO
- Travel Assistance
- Phone and Internet Stipend
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Professional Development and Internal growth opportunities
- Opportunity to join a company with a Global Presence
Indianapolis, IN | Remote
- Candidates local to Indianapolis is preferred
- Remote Candidates must reside in EST or CST
$90-100K + BonusHours:
Fulltime | Monday – Friday
- Core Business Hours (8-5pm)
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder (Perm Resident)