Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Functions may include database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles. Responsibilities may include Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems. Duties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments. Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities. Manages relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition. May design schemas write SQL or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Candidates for this role should be prepared to act as a technical expert in their field, focused on the technical aspects of test data discovery, architecture, test data provisioning and maintenance
- This role will develop test data management strategies and plans to provide right sized, production like, reusable and secured test data per test data requirements
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to capture and review test data requirements and test data provisioning techniques and plans
- Develop extensive knowledge of business processes and the applications that support them
- Document data flows and system integrations
- Leverage Testing Data Framework to ensure data extraction, transformation, and loading occurs in accordance with policies and procedures
- Maintain appropriate documentation associated with extraction and loading of test data (per application)
- Support development of test data plan for use in end-to-end System Integration Testing (SIT)
- Collaborate with Functional Testing Analyst and Non-Functional Testing Analyst to understand test data requirements
- Provide test data input to Functional and Non-Functional test plans
- Attend Functional and Non-Functional defect triage meetings to assist in resolution of data-related defects
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience (5+ years of professional experience)
- Working experience in data analytics (data wrangling, mining, integration, analysis, visualization, data modeling, analysis/analytics, and reporting) using BI (Business Intelligence) tools
- Expert-level SQL (Azure, SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, ANSI-SQL)
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies
- Experience working with agile methodologies and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers)
- Demonstrated proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams, be team oriented, adapt to change, work independently, organize work effectively and take initiative in fast-paced work environment while managing multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's or master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree
- Experience optimizing database solutions for multi-terabyte databases
- Data Replication, Database Security, Encryption, Compression and Data Masking/Redaction
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Data, Engineer, data wrangling, mining, integration, analysis, visualization, data modeling, analysis, analytics, reporting, BI, Business Intelligence, Test Data, Architecture, SQL, Azure, SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, ANSI-SQL, CICD , Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Schaumburg, IL , Illinois