At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energies! We are an electricity producer from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution.Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, and offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We are listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
Reporting to the Head Europe & Africa Affiliates you will work with various teams across our businesses in Europe and Africa to prepare MS Excel models, MS Power BI Visualizations and various Databases to capture, collate and analyze data with a view to tracking business performance, informing business decisions and developing business strategy.
You will bring the technical expertise necessary to ensure the quality and accuracy of data from various internal and external sources, then process, design and present that data in ways that help our country managers and project developers make better decisions.
You will work closely with business users in both corporate functions and in the countries to understand the questions they wish to answer with data, propose and design possible solutions, and work with users to put these solutions in place. In that context the role will require numeracy and attention to detail combined with creativity and problem solving skills, as well as a sensitivity to good design and strong customer focus and communication skills.
You will take responsibility for managing our various data sets, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very high attention to detail, experience as a data analyst, and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
Specific tasks would include:
- Acquire data from internal and external data sources.
- Review, filter and clean data sets.
- Design, build and manage databases.
- Design, build and manage Data Visualizations tools in MS Power BI.
- Design, build and manage MS Excel business models.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques.- Automate data acquisition and processing processes.
- Define business users’ needs and implement solutions.
- Identify opportunities to extract more business value from data.
- Actively contribute to building a strong data-driven culture at Voltalia.
- Proven work experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst.
- Experience in MS Power BI.
- Experience in building and managing databases, such as Airtable or SQL databases
- Experience in a programming language such as Python or R is a plus.
- Experience in building and managing MS Excel models.
- Experience in translating business requirements into non-technical, lay language.
- Experience in reporting and presenting data to decision-makers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, or Statistics.
- Formal training and/or certification in MS Excel and MS Power BI.
- Visual and aesthetic sensitivity in data visualisation design
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in French is a plus
- Attentive to details
- Service oriented
- Good communicator
- Ability to parse user needs
- Sensitivity to good design
- Adept at problem solving
- Methodical and logical
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity
Voltalia France SA
Development Europe & Africa