The Red Hat Global Business Delivery (GBD) - Global Finance Analytics (GFA) team is looking for a Data Scientist to join us in Pune, India. In this role, you will manage thorough and ongoing data validation, consolidation, cleansing, and maintenance, and you'll prepare subsequent data reports, analytics, predictive and prescriptive insights. You'll also reference and reconcile data across different systems like Salesforce, financial and commissions systems, Oracle, etc. As a Data Scientist, we'll need you to be able to turn analysis into data tools that Red Hat can use. You will primarily support the North America sales operations team for their analytical needs.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Work closely with Sales and Services Operations stakeholders to turn business problems into analytical projects
- Participate in the planning and strategy of key business projects using data to inform decisions Translate abstract data into a highly visual and easily understood formats
- Develop machine learning, data mining, and statistical techniques and algorithms to create new, scalable solutions for business problems by analyzing large data sets
- Design, build, train, implement, and maintain predictive models to identify risks and opportunities within the various business pillars to enable proactive business management and accurate forecasting capabilities
- Support the North America team on analytical projects for data creation, maintenance, and documentation
- Build and deploy end-to-end automated solutions for business continuity
- Participate in various structured and ad hoc planning, analysis, data statistics, and modelling projects
- Design test experiments that focus on enhancing customer experience; review, analyze, and share results to ensure optimisation
- Manage, analyze, and report key performance metrics through manual and automated data collection methods
- Identify opportunities and areas of sub-optimization and work cross-functionally to design and implement solutions
- Complete all deliverables in a timely fashion, ensuring proper quality checks, analytic and business context reviews, and associate revisions
- Work under tight deadlines; work extended hours during quarter-end or year-end periods when required
- Develop an understanding of Red Hat workflows and an in-depth understanding of policies
- Bachelor's or master's degree in data science, analytics, statistics, computer science, or math
- 3+ years of solid industry experience in statistical analysis or data mining or machine learning with industry standard tools; Python experience is a plus
- 3+ years of solid experience with predictive modeling or machine learning using Python, R, Mahout, or Spark to build model which aid in better decision making
- Proficiency in Python (or R), SciKit-Learn, or another statistical or machine learning modelling package or environment
- Excellent data manipulation skills, especially SQL, Pandas, etc.
- Ability to extract data from multiple sources like SAP BO, Salesforce, Oracle, etc. and model it in a way that meets business needs
- Ability to understand and transform data to meet the customer's needs and business context in a customer-friendly, quality-first manner
- Experience in development of data products using Shiny or Python; Flask is a plus
- Experience in relational database systems and data warehousing systems like SQL Server, Redshift, Oracle, MySQL etc.
- Experience of working with multiple teams
- Energetic and detail oriented, with excellent communication skills and the ability to focus diligently on delivering results
- Understanding of advanced machine learning techniques or deep learning of TensorFlow, Keras, or NLP is a plus
- Experience in data visualization tools like Tableau is a plus
About Red Hat:
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.