Senior Data Engineer
Work is 100% remote
Leading Path Consulting is looking for a dedicated and passionate Data Engineer to join our cloud networking team. As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team to build data pipelines and data processes to help calculate metrics, enforce data quality, and scale increasingly sophisticated models of users and content. As a Data Engineer, you will build datasets and make them accessible to our partner teams by writing great production code to simplify the complexity. Your work will enable Product Managers and other decision-makers across the company to bring together insights and inform our product and strategy.
- Design, develop, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move & transform data, and to provide intuitive analytics to our partner teams.
- Make data more discoverable and easier to use for Data Scientists and Analysts across the company.
- Collaborate with other engineers and Data Scientists to discover the best solutions
- Support your colleagues by reviewing code and designs.
- Diagnose and solve issues in our existing data pipelines and envision and build their successors.
- 5+ years’ experience with highly scalable, high performance and high availability server development
- 2 years of work or educational experience in big data.
- Experience with distributed processing and messaging systems, including Spark, Akka, Kafka, Pub/sub, Hive/pig, Mapreduce, etc.
- Experience with various distributed databases like Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Demonstrate clear and concise communication and data-driven decision-making capability
- Expertise in some or all the following:
- Data Pipelines
- Data Warehousing
- Metrics development
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Broad knowledge of the data infrastructure ecosystem
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java/Scala, C/C++, or Python (Scala highly preferred)
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming concepts
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.