What does a great Data Scientist do at Fiserv?
You’ll be a part of Global Business Solutions (Merchant business) – Fraud and Credit Decision Science team, responsible for developing and deploying predictive ML models in the form of automated risk controls that help in reducing fraud and credit risk losses as well as enabling top line growth. As a part of this team, you’ll be using internal and external data assets to generate insightful analytics, build models/rules, create data driven capabilities/ solutions to manage risk and identify new areas of opportunity. Key functions supported by the team include New Merchant Onboarding & Underwriting, Existing Merchant Risk Monitoring, Lending Products, and other/ commercial Risk Solutions. This position will be a critical interface with stakeholders within and outside Fiserv in building best-in-class analytical solutions.
We'll Help You To
- Become a key enabler to develop data driven capabilities and implement automated decisions using existing and new data, advanced analytics and ML based predictive models.
- Get great exposure to the payments industry, the merchant and transaction data that flows through payment networks as we apply innovative techniques to prevent fraud and credit losses, and support growth, specifically from digital channels.
- Measure and realize how your work contributes to reducing losses/ expenses and supporting business growth/ revenue.
You Can Look Forward To
- Designing and implementing ML / predictive models by utilizing internal and external data available and applying statistical techniques.
- Tracking and monitoring model performance and provide analytical support to business partners for addressing their questions regarding automated decisions or automated alerts through informed analytics.
- Conduct complex analysis using statistical and other industry leading quantitative techniques.
- Evaluating and integrating data from internal and external sources to support modeling, analytics, and reporting.
- Proactively using data to generate useful insights by assessing key performance indicators / trends and presenting to business leaders.
- Partnering with business and technical SMEs to understand relevant data, analyze and perform necessary deeper-dives to solve given business problem, summarize and present key findings.
- Supporting the transformation of risk data capabilities and decision systems through advanced and sustainable technology, new data sources and real-time decisioning.
- Implementing models and decision rules in production in partnership with IT / deployment teams.
- Develop documentation to support internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Establish the scope of the project, lead internal communication with stakeholders, and ensure delivery of projects per commitment.
You're The Kind Of Person Who
- Loves to collaborate
- Can roll up their sleeves and make an impact
- Has superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Is highly analytical - data driven
- Can work on multiple projects while still meeting deadlines
- This is a Hybrid position - 3 days in office 2 days work from home.
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to provide employer sponsorship or take over sponsorship of an employer sponsored visa at this time.
Basic Qualifications For Consideration
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Engineering).
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: risk / marketing data analytics or predictive modeling.
- Proficient in SQL/SAS/Python, Excel or other analytical tools / open-source programming languages.
Preferred Qualifications For Consideration
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Exposure to and knowledge of statistical / financial modeling in FINTECH / Payments domain.
- Experience with credit bureaus and other external data sources.
- Hands-on experience with AI / Money Laundering techniques.
- Local candidate near Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.