Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.As a Data Engineer within the Americas Technology Office (ATO), you will be meeting the data, reporting and information needs of the Enterprise Architecture group, as well as supporting business customers and technology partners. You will be responsible for leading a large amount of work and either coordinating with others on or personally executing on key deliverables. You will be responsible for the analysis of moderate to complex reporting and data requirements to be solved with automated data processing and reporting in support technology business operations and decision-making. You will apply and acquire detailed knowledge of the customers, stakeholders, and partners activities and combined with expert level knowledge of data technology, you will apply these to define, deliver and support data solutions.The position will work in partnership across the firm to develop and drive a broad range of leadership priorities. We're looking for your ability to define and evaluate data and reporting needs across various stakeholders, deliver rapid, reliable and sustainable data & reporting solutions, and to navigate the social landscape and expertise to get results in a complex technical organization so that we can deliver the best outcomes for the business and in turn, to our customers.
70%Serve as the Lead Data Engineer for all aspects of Capability Related Datasets:
- Consult with business users, partners, stakeholders and vendors for needs assessment.
- Develop a good understanding of the above’s function and effectively communicate technical solutions in non-technical terms.
- Develop data interfaces between internal systems as well as external vendors to retrieve or transmit data for reporting purposes.
- Implement data processes and data design in alignment with industry best practices.
- Assist business consumers in understanding the semantics of the supporting data.
Serve as a Technical Lead to other members of the broader team:
- Plan, define, describe task requests from the business unit and explain to other team members
- Consult with team members on technical considerations and assist in defining the technical solution
- Handle and mitigate escalations from users regarding team member’s work. Manage user expectations.
- Mentor team members on best practices
- Provide knowledge transfer on subject matter expertise related to technology and business processes within the department
- Motivate team members to achieve high productivity in a demanding environment
- Drive a culture of continuous change and improvement across direct delivery teams and partner organizations
10%Analyze business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions:
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translate high level business requirements into functional specifications.
Independently conduct studies of new or existing systems and recommend changes based on the result.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or the equivalent in job experience and certifications.
- Demonstrated mastery of SQL (or functional equivalent)
- Extensive experience with data solution design, modelling, integration, aggregation and delivery
- Recent hands-on experience with modern data technologies (examples: AWS Redshift, AWS Aurora, AWS S3, AWS EMR, Kafka, etc.)
- Ten or more years of internal or external technology, finance, audit or risk management experience
- Ten or more years of data engineering experience in complex technical environments with an in-depth knowledge of multiple data patterns (DWH, datamart, data-lake, data-hub, etc.)
- Problem resolution experience supported by strong analytical and communication skills, sound judgment and ability to work effectively with team members, product owners, and management.
- Position requires an understanding of enterprise technology and associated applications relevant to financial services business & technology functions.
COMMUNICATION & LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Employs strong critical thinking skills to identify pragmatic recommendations within an evolving and increasingly complex regulatory and risk management environment
- Proven ability to collaborate and gain consensus among a varied constituency.
- Ability to direct teams to deliver results that meet the business need and conform to standards of quality according to IT best practices.
- Able to bridge the gap between business subject matter expertise and technical skills, translating SME knowledge to staff members via mentorship and knowledge transfer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.