Overview:Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm is revolutionizing the commerce experience through innovative payments technology. InComm leverages end to end solutions to bring branded activatable products to retailers both in store and digitally. Our process includes everything from card printing, inventory management and forecast analytics, to the development and integration of activation technology in point of sale machines world-wide. From there we leverage our backend platform as a service technology to drive product activation to the tune of several thousand card activations every second. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers.
InComm is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with a presence in over 30 countries, an organization of approximately 3,000 employees, several hundred international technical patents, and a network that includes over 600,000 points of retail distribution. With innovation as our number 1 company value, our speed to market for new products and services is accelerating rapidly and quickly positioning InComm as a global leader in fintech innovation. Learn more at www.incomm.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Our Blog.
InComm: Mission & Values from InComm on Vimeo.Responsibilities:
- The primary purpose of the Financial Data Analyst I is to perform the timely and accurate reconciliation of transaction activity. By manipulating and analyzing internal and external data, the associate will identify discrepancies, research the root cause of the discrepancies, and work to correct the cause of the issue, or collect/pay funds appropriately. The Financial Data Analyst I will own the financial relationship between InComm and their assigned merchants/partners.
- Manipulate and analyze internal and external data with varying formats, quality, and accuracy while maintaining the integrity of the data. Tie data to financial transactions. (Datasets often have over a million records)
- Use a variety of tools to contrast and compare internal and external data
- Work with internal resources to confirm correct status, pricing, etc. to ensure accuracy of internal invoicing and remittances
- Work with Financial Accounting to ensure accurate recording of adjustments and proper representation of balances on financials
- Communicate and conduct meetings with external parties to obtain accurate, workable data and other information. Work with their resources, providing them adequate data to identify issues with their setups and systems to minimize discrepancies on their end.
- Build a case for the accuracy of internal data, present data to external parties, and collect sums due InComm.
- Develop an end-to-end understanding of the transactional data flows between InComm and assigned merchant/partner; understanding how sales are recorded on both sides, how data flows between the two entities, and learning where break-points exist in the flow in order to monitor the accounts.
- Preparation of settlement files with third party, communication of settlement amounts to third party and Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable (Partner positions only)
- Analyze and document current processes with the goal of streamlining and improving these processes. Work with tech teams to automate processes where beneficial.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran’s status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 1.5 to 3 years of relevant work experience
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Prior experience working with large sets of data (at minimum 250,000 rows at any given point)
- Ability to self-direct activities, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- ‘Hands-on’ approach, willingness to roll up sleeves and dig in
- Natural curiosity about how things work
- Ability to communicate at various levels throughout an organization both internal and external
- Flexibility, including ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous, high pressure environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to develop and use structured approaches to identify root causes of issues and recommend resolutions; ability to present results in a meaningful terms
- Strong pattern recognition skills
- Strong knowledge of database and spreadsheet software with intermediate Excel skills.
- Familiarity with Access is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
- This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program - Tier II - #LI-SO1