Commerce is one of the biggest focus areas for Facebook now and in the coming decade. Under Commerce, Live Shopping is a hyper growth product set to win with a trendy shopping behavior: shopping while streaming merchants showcasing products live. Our mission is to make Live Shopping First, Live Shopping everywhere. FB’s large social and business network helps FB Live Shopping to create a unique shopping experience for millions of shoppers and businesses around the world. This is a rare opportunity to shape and scale a hyper growth product that already gained large traction. You’ll be part of a team of Data Scientists working in a fast-paced, high impact area with high visibility to leaders of the apps, growth and analytics organizations. You’ll collaborate with product and Data Science teams across the organization to provide clear, actionable analysis on some of the biggest and most crucial topics facing our community and company.
- Drive data-driven product strategy: apply expertise in data mining and analytics to identify opportunities to improve product engagement and user retention, and be able to translate data insights into actionable product strategy
- Partner with, and influence through data, with Engineering and Product Management to drive the strategic direction of the Live Shopping team, as well as other cross-functional teams across the Facebook Family of Apps (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, and Ads)
- Through data, develop concrete experimentation ideas for Product team to execute
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of experimental results
- Define product success with well structured metric framework
- Coach and nurture Data Scientists in the team
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role
- Experience influencing product strategy through analysis and data-centric presentations (to product, business, and other leadership stakeholders)
- Strategic thinker who can drive team direction
- Experience using data to inform product strategy and Experience working collaboratively with Engineering, Product Management, and/or Data Engineering
- Proficiency with metrics and A/B testing
- Experience in querying and manipulating large datasets for analysis
- Experience in SQL or other programming languages
- 7+ years of experience working in an analytics organization
- Experience leading large projects in the tech industry
- Experience scaling early stage products
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.