Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra Platform captures packets and logs across network, public cloud, SaaS, and identity by applying patented security-led AI to surface and prioritize threats for rapid threat response. Vectra's threat detections are powered by a deep understanding of attacker methods and problem-optimized AI algorithms. Alerts uncover attacker methods in action and are correlated across customer environments to expose real attacks. Organizations around the world rely on Vectra to see and stop threats before a breach occurs. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.Position Overview
Be on the leading edge of applying machine learning and data modeling to the world of advanced cyber security. As part of the Data Science team you will directly impact the product by modeling complex problems and developing production software. You will develop these models and algorithms in collaboration with Security Researchers, who are experts in cyber security attack techniques. This work provides the core detection capability for our customers.Responsibilities
- Leverage large datasets to develop machine-learning and statistical models that can differentiate between normal and attack behavior.
- Own the prototyping, development, and testing of complex detection algorithms that implement these models and provide customers with real-time visibility.
- Analyze detection algorithm performance and present key findings to business leaders.
- Collaborate with Security Research, Data Engineering, and Software Engineering teammates.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Hands-on experience with machine-learning and statistical techniques
- Strong experience with Python and object-oriented programming
- Ability to work with datasets using SQL or other libraries (pandas, numpy, etc.)
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms
- Linux and Git proficiency
- Familiarity with Spark, Flink, or other distributed computing systems
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Database experience (SQL or NoSQL variants)
- Experience working in a software development team
- Programming experience in C++, Scala/Java, Go, or other languages
Our product is focused on making the world a safer and fairer place. Our global benefits program ensures that Vectra puts that same focus on our employees by providing outstanding health and wellbeing support for all our people and their families across the globe.
Our programs support our people by supporting the physical, mental and overall health of everyone and their families. Our benefits plans and programs include Health Care Benefits, access to retirement benefits plans, behavioral & wellness benefits, perks and rewards as well as generous time away from work via fully paid holidays and leaves of absence.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.