[Houston]The following posting is a pipeline requisition, meant to accumulate candidates for 2024. Qualified applicants will be contacted in concert with the approval and publication of identical, approved positions within HP, Inc.
HP occasionally offers work authorization sponsorship for critical need roles. However,
this opportunity currently does not offer work authorization sponsorship.Candidates who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology sector including by not limited to, African American, Latino, Native American, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Innovation is in HP’s DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world’s leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators, and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze. The Program
Our future success depends on the innovation and fresh ideas you bring to HP, Inc. We are hiring students and new graduates with a diverse set of skills and experiences to join us, across the different organizations that make us HP, Inc. Our new grad program is intended to help you learn and grow at HP, give you an opportunity to make an impact, and work with leading edge technology. At HP, you’ll use advanced tools and technology to tackle complex challenges that make a real impact on people’s lives.The Team
Finance is committed to helping build a Future Ready HP by delivering business results, driving transformation, and developing our people. Finance is a strategic partner to the business and plays an integrated role by providing insights that guide business decisions and support HP’s corporate goals.
In addition to traditional operations such as accounting, reporting, tax, audit and treasury, HP Finance leverages technology and data analytics to gather, analyze, and interpret financial and operational data. This data-driven approach allows for more accurate forecasting, risk assessment, and performance measurement, leading to better decision-making across the organization, positioning HP for long-term success and helping to accelerate growth. Responsibilities
As a Finance Data Analyst
, you will work with a team to:
Education And Experience Required (Objective Minimum Qualifications)
- Provide financial analysis for a function or business.
- Use advanced analytical techniques to extract insights and knowledge from data.
- Translate complex data sets into actionable insights that drive informed decision-making and business strategies.
- Apply business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., creation of interactive dashboards).
- Utilize process mining tools to improve process performance.
- Works with the team to creates stories with the data using visualization tools/methods.
- Assures accuracy, integrity, and compliance of cleansed data.
- Develop an understanding of HP's financial processes and a working knowledge of the business.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Have no more than 12 months of prior work experience professionally related to the Graduate Hire Requisition they are applying to, (not including internships, teaching assistance, research work, or military experience).
- Will have completed at least your bachelor’s degree prior to your anticipated start date with HP.
- Able to obtain work authorization in the United States without requiring sponsorship in the future.
- Preferred majors include (but are not limited to) Computer Science, Data Analytics, and Data Science.
- Basic understanding of accounting processes.
- Understanding of scientific design and data collection methodologies, tools, and analysis packages to collect, validate, and analyze research data.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Office suite).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate research plans, proposals, and results.
- Familiarity of industry standard languages such as Python.
- Familiarity of tools like RStudio, PowerBI, and Tableau for visualization.
- Familiarity of industry leading forecasting tools such as Workday Adaptive, Anaplan, or Stratify.
- Foundational understanding in data mining tools such as RStudio or Orange.
- Familiarity with digital automation tools such as StudioX, UXPath, or SQL.
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create. Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your knowledge and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you.
HP is an equal opportunity employer: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c08129225
Explore HPAbout HP
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!