At UserLeap, our mission is to help product teams create the best products possible.
UserLeap is the first continuous research platform for modern product teams. Our targeted micro-surveys use artificial intelligence to help product managers and UX researchers easily obtain qualitative insights at scale and make informed product decisions in just hours.
This is your chance to join a startup in one of the most exciting phases, where you can become an original, founding member of the team and play a vital part in our growth. We're looking to quickly grow our engineering team and looking for an experienced Sr. Data Engineer to help us scale.
About the Role:
- In this role you'll be working closely with various members of the team to update our data engineering roadmap
- Lead numerous critical data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, efficient, testable, & maintainable
- Evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly considering data best practices, system realities, and numerous stakeholders' feedback
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- B.A. or M.A. degree in Computer Science
- Experience designing, building and operating robust distributed systems.
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- Past experience building ETL processes
- Experience with data integrations such as informatica, python, spark, etc., data warehousing like Redshift, AWSGlue, Snowflake, Postgres, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc., & analytics tools like Tableau, Mode, Looker, & scheduling tools like Airflow.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k program
- 21 PTO days per calendar year + sick days when you need it
- Free daily catered lunch (when in office)
- Free public transit
- Work from home equipment stipend
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing environment
UserLeap is based in San Francisco, CA. The company has raised $20M led by Accel and First Round Capital, and has recently been featured in articles by TechCrunch and Business Insider. The CEO has been early team for 5 successfully acquired startups, including Weebly (acquired by Square), Vurb (acquired by Snap Inc) and Extrabux (acquired by eBates).