Are you interested in being involved in the biggest, data driven transformation of transport solutions in history? We are in the middle of our digitalization journey, and you are welcome to join and help us drive analytics and artificial intelligence initiatives which enable new business models.
We are looking for Data Engineers
to develop and optimize data pipelines and work together with Data Scientists and other experts who focus on generating business value out of data. You will work with the latest technology, in agile product teams which discover data to create innovative services.
These are challenges waiting for you:
You ingest and process data coming from our business application, factory equipment (Industrial Internet of Things), products (Vehicle Logged Data), as well as external sources. You will organize both structured and unstructured data to enable development of new services, such as preventive maintenance of vehicle, fuel consumption and battery lifetime optimization and many more innovative services which are changing our business models.
Your typical day at work will be filled with the following activities:
This is you:
- Build complex data pipelines in Microsoft Azure.
- Optimize existing data pipelines.
- Support in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources to Azure.
- Work closely with data analysts and data scientists to provide required data structures and enable new insights .
- Keep the data secure across the end-to-end solutions.
- Evaluate and improve existing data analytics solutions.
- Develop your competences, learn new tools and ways of working.
Good to have:
- A data engineer with 4+ years of experience and relevant education background.
- You are familiar with Azure Data Analytics, Spark, Databricks.
- You have strong ETL skills and experience with data processing tools, such as Informatica PC/IICS, PySpark.
- You have significant experience in processing data in scription languages (Python)
- Databases (like SQL server or Netezza) don’t have any secret for you.
- You are comfortable working in a diverse, complex, and fast-changing landscape of data sources.
- You communicate fluently in English.
- You are proactive problem solver with innovative thinking and a strong team player.
This is what we can offer you:
- Knowledge of other services and tools used to ETL workflows.
- Experience with business intelligence platforms, such as Microsoft SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, Trradata, IBM Netezza.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI or other data visualization tools such as Qlik, SAP Business Objects.
- Familiarity with database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP)
- Experience in AGILE project methodology and practice.
- Being a part of a product team focusing both on maintenance and innovations.
- A steep learning curve with a state of the art and individualized training program.
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture.
- Work-life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work.
- Remote work opportunities, employment contracts, and flexible working hours.
- Clear career path & extensive development opportunities such as mentoring or coaching programs.
- Private healthcare (available also onsite)
- Participation in international projects and different. pieces of training.
- Unlimited access to learning including Azure academy, Pluralsight, and many more.
The seats are filled on an ongoing basis, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
Apply by sending your CV and application in English. Please state clearly in your application your expected graduation date and for which country you are applying.
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you!
For more questions ,please do not hesitate to reach out to Jonas Widriksson Chapter Lead Data Architecture Sweden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union representatives for Swedish applicants:
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Johan Svedberg, +46 31 3222712
Ledarna – Ulrika Holmberg, +46 31 3225071
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Group Digital & IT
has the ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. Digital solutions are becoming more and more key in the industries, where we are operating. The solutions and emerging technologies, provided by Group Digital & IT, enable our customers and their customers to do more with less, better for others and best for the future.
We are 3,600 employees located in more than 30 countries, present at all major Volvo Group locations, and we are working in a completely global organization.
In Group Digital & IT
we strive for something bigger, we are truly customer centric, and we collaborate with inclusion, together cross the Volvo Group. We learn to stay ahead, we are curious and eager to acquire new and deeper knowledge, both as individuals and as teams.
Auto req ID
Group Digital & IT
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date