Kforce has a client that is seeking a Data Scientist in Brooklyn, NY. Data Scientists at this company use rigorous methods to generate insights that inform product, engineering, and business decisions across the company. In this role the Data Scientist will:
- Transform raw data into impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance/documentation, rigorous techniques, and actionable recommendations
- Partner with product, engineering, design teams; Use behavioral and transactional data to shed light on our users and our product experience, identify areas for improvement, and drive decision-making
- Identify impactful metrics to understand the performance of products, develop reporting dashboards to track progress, and ingrain these metrics into teams' day-to-day decision-making
- Lead experimentation, help teams set strong hypotheses, and deliver robust analysis of experiment results
- Continually evaluate and refine your technical toolkit; Teach what you learn to the team
- 2-4 years of experience in a data scientist or data analyst role in which you extracted meaning from big data sets with little engineering support
- Understanding of the principles of A/B testing, and experience crafting and analyzing experiments
- Proficiency in SQL and familiarity with either R or Python; Bonus points for experience with the Hadoop ecosystem or additional scripting languages (Scala, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization software is a plus
- Desire to advance your technical skill set and to apply new methods to impactful questions
- Ability to communicate your insights verbally, visually, and in writing, and care for the quality and integrity of your work
- Ability to play a key role on a cross-functional team
- Passion for subjects such as experimental design, data visualization, and statistical analysis
The pay range is the lowest to highest compensation we reasonably in good faith believe we would pay at posting for this role. We may ultimately pay more or less than this range. Employee pay is based on factors like relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, location, performance, union contract and business needs. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA, FSA, 401(k), and life, disability & ADD insurance to eligible employees. Salaried personnel receive paid time off. Hourly employees are not eligible for paid time off unless required by law. Hourly employees on a Service Contract Act project are eligible for paid sick leave.
Note: Pay is not considered compensation until it is earned, vested and determinable. The amount and availability of any compensation remains in Kforce's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified in its discretion consistent with the law.
This job is not eligible for bonuses, incentives or commissions.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Salary: $50 - $70 per hour