Job Description :
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for providing data solution and implementation of all programs under PayPal's Regulatory Reporting team. Responsibilities will consist primarily to understand business/data requirements, build data model, design and build platform to support Compliance programs. This role requires effective communication, rich data analytics experience and familiarity with reporting tools. Assist with growing Machine Learning capabilities to support regulatory compliance pain points within PayPal and work with product and business teams to integrate solutions. Key Responsibilities: • Work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment building performance efficient, highly scalable, configurable solutions spanning multiple technologies and platforms –Teradata, Python, ETL, HIVE, Tableau, Informatica Shell, SQLserver, etc. • Ability to use data to drive products and decisions. Be able to explain complex technical concepts to management, product managers, support, and other engineers. • Ability to assess new technologies and make pragmatic choices that points towards our long-term vision • Pro-active response in identifying and troubleshooting integration or technical issues. • Great verbal, communication and follow through skillsJob Summary:
- Works with PayPal business units and Product Dev teams to design, develop and deliver data solutions on one of the largest data platforms in the world.
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Application Design & Development
- Code is well-commented, easy to maintain, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature. Code may persist for the lifetime of a software version
- Code is thoroughly tested with very few bugs and is supported by unit tests.
- Recognized as the go-to developer for a product or major system and is seen as a leader in their specialized field.ÂÂ
- Participates in discussions, proposes and discusses solutions to system and product changes that are directly related to their area of focus.
- Should be comfortable working in an agile environment and with cross-functional teams, should have appetite to learn and be flexible to pick up new technology.
- Deliver strong SQL development and maintenance techniques surrounding data movement.
- 5+ yearsÂof experience building large scalable and reliable enterprise technology platforms using Big DataÂopen-sourceÂtechnologies such as Hive/Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search or Teradata
- At leastÂ3Âyears' experienceÂin large scale, production, server-side development on the JVM, Scala, PythonÂand/or GOÂ
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and relational database systems like Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL is preferableÂ
- Optimize ETL processing of extremely large datasets; Optimization for SLAs
- Possess knowledge of data warehouse architectures, ETL, reporting/analytic tools, and data security & compliance
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management in a clear and professional manner; verbally and written, and possess superior people management and leadership skills
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.