Market Development - Data Scientist II
Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA Fort Myers, FL, USA Manhattan, New York, NY, USA McLean, VA, USA Memphis, TN, USA Milwaukee, WI, USA Nashville, TN, USA New York, NY, USA Rochester, NY, USA Springfield, MO, USA Tucson, AZ, USA Virtual Req #14422
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Gannett is seeking a Data Scientist with a strong blend of technical and consultative skills to drive its digital advertising business. You will be part of a team that develops data-driven insights and product features in collaboration with stakeholders across Product and Engineering. This role has the option to work 100% remote or to be based out of our McLean, VA office (upon return to the office).
- Find creative uses for both structured and unstructured data ranging from ad logs to content.
- Maintain and enhance current models, tools and data sources.
- Consult with stakeholders to assess needs, scope projects and develop data solutions to address business pain points.
- Develop and deploy models to deliver increasingly valuable, repeatable and scalable analytic solutions.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a passion for helping stakeholders find data solutions to business problems
- Has an inquisitive mind and sound judgement when it comes to distinguishing signal from noise
- Is solution oriented and can communicate with stakeholders in non-technical terms using effective data visualization, making end products engaging and user-friendly
- Has demonstrated experience working autonomously to deliver timely results
- Is a team player and able to build collaborative, cross-functional relationships
- Has BA/BS in a quantitative field (computer science, economics, math, statistics, engineering), advanced degrees or BA/BS plus 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Proficient in Python or R and associated machine learning packages.
- Project experience with one or more of the following: regression, classification, NLP, time series, deep learning, experiment design.
- Solid knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with Git and experience in deploying projects to AWS or Google Cloud a plus.
- Experience or interest in digital advertising a plus.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.