We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company.
Director, Data Engineering
Director of Data Engineering
SessionM, a Mastercard company, is looking to hire a Director of Data Engineering with a proven track record in managing data engineers. This individual will lead the Data Engineering team at SessionM. This team is responsible for the data architecture, warehousing and data processing pipelines that power the SessionM platform, our analytics products and services, and feed our machine learning solutions.
What we are looking for
- Someone who loves leading through influence and has a passion for technology, customers and great products.
- A technical leader with experience setting the vision and driving the implementation of data pipelines, ETL workflows and warehousing solutions in the cloud, and knowledge of modern data and cloud technologies such as Spark, Hive, AWS Redshift, Athena, Glue.
- A confident and effective communicator able to work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with all members of the organization to define and achieve holistic business and technical objectives.
- An open-minded and great listener.
- A builder of great teams and great talent. You will be managing a large team and rapidly leading it’s global expansion.
What we’re offering you
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Opportunity to get in early to build a world-class organization, shape the future of our team, our product, and our company.
- Excitement of working on our high-volume ~ 10 billion transactions/day platform for some of the most exciting brands in the planet such as Starbucks, Coca-Cola, Air Canada, Chipotle, and L’Oreal.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.