Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with the team lead and project managers to establish estimation of work, break out stories into manageable tasks, and collaborate to achieve the project objectives on time
- Design, implement, and maintain on-prem and cloud-based data warehouses using T-SQL, Ansi-SQL, SSIS, and SSAS
- Work with business stakeholders to understand the databases owned by the team in addition to the tools and applications at their disposal
- Create innovative solutions to complex data questions
- Provide low-level database administration support during deployments and migrations
- Mentor others on a wide range of database and analytic techniques
- Gather requirements, analyze, create documents, and perform impact analysis
- Derive case scenarios for QA testing for both existing and newly modified/deployed data situations
- Develops Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes to acquire and load data from internal and external sources and across platforms
- Evaluate data systems, operations, and organizational aspects of various departments, and make recommendations
- Learn and then coach others in new systems and processes as the company grows into cloud-based solutions
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively and communicate progress well among teams
- Contribute skills and knowledge to other projects as directed by management
- Use, protect, and disclose patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 2+ years relevant IT work experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience with SQL Server Management Studio (Snowflake querying a plus)
- 1+ years of complex T-SQL coding and/or ETL (Extract, transform, load) development experience, preferably in the healthcare insurance industry
- 1+ years of experience with data warehouses, data marts, dimensional modelling and/or OLAP technologies with an understanding of QA methodologies and change deployment/release processes
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience with SQL Server BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, OLAP Cubes, Microsoft Power BI)
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Databricks, AWS, and/or Python
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins
- Experience with Knowledge of healthcare industry and healthcare-specific interface formats
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only : The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,000 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, UHG, Unitedhealth, Hiring Immediately, #RPO, #GREEN, Data Analyst, remote, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH