We are currently looking for a Data Scientist with Machine Learning experience for an international company in Amsterdam area.
Focus of the position
As a Machine Learning Scientist, you will be working with our business units on developing services that analyze, annotate and structure content found in scientific articles. We want to develop automated text classification and entity linking targeting specific problems in scientific manuscript structuring, author and reference identification. Ultimately, machine learning tools may suggest annotations and structured meta-data that are as good as human- generated data and even replace human annotations. Our solutions depend heavily on concept indexing or annotation, relationship extraction, extracting data from formatted text, images, mathematical expressions and tables. As a Machine Learning Scientist, you will have experience solving content analysis problems using supervised or unsupervised machine learning methodologies, you know of the state-of-the-art tooling in processing textual content at a large scale and be familiar with analyzing image data. You have a good understanding of the current Machine Learning libraries and have used at least some of them, solving real life problems. You are a hands-on person that does not care about Java or Python but about the right approach to the problem.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
· understand and use computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, computability and complexity and computer architecture
· produce project outcomes and isolate the issues that need to be resolved, in order to make programmes more effective
· collaborate with data engineers to build data and model pipelines
· manage the infrastructure and data pipelines needed to bring code to production
· demonstrate end-to-end understanding of applications (including, but not limited to, the machine learning and NLP algorithms) being created
· improve algorithms based on statistical modelling procedures and maintain scalable machine learning solutions in production
· build optimization strategy to improve the performance of machine learning models in production
· communicate and explain complex processes to people who are not machine learning or NLP expert
· liaise with stakeholders to analyse business problems, clarify requirements and define the scope of the resolution needed
· liaise with data scientists, engineers and developers to identify, analyze and support in resolution of machine learning models in production
· research and implement best practices to improve the existing machine learning infrastructure
· provide support to engineers and product managers in implementing machine learning in the product
· writing code in Java, Python and maintaining Maven archetype
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or a related field.
· Master's degree in computational linguistics, data analytics, or similar will be advantageous.
· At least two years' experience as a machine learning engineer.
· Advanced proficiency with Python and Java coding.
· Knowledge of machine learning frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
· In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and algorithms.
· Superb analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Great communication and collaboration skills.
· Excellent time management and organizational abilities.
Desirable Additional Skills
· AWS Certification is a plus
· Experience in building machine learning models is a plus
· experience in operationalization of machine learning model is a plus
· experience with docker/ Kubernetes / APIs is a plus
Does this role spark your interest? Then please provide me with your most recent resume and contact details, so that we can discuss this vacancy more detailed by phone.